FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Year's Eve I get a voice mail from my father's wife saying that he had been in an accident, and that I should call her.

MCSO identifies injured volunteer posse member as Phillip Grigg; remains in critical condition

He is still in critical but stable condition as is the officer. I don't know very many details yet because he has been kept heavily sedated. I do know the officer was shot under his vest in the lower abdomen, and my father was shot just below the breast bone in the diaphragm area. My father has had 4 surgery's and they had to remove a kidney, and his Gal bladder. Liver was lacerated, and bruised, diaphragm was ruptured, and they had to do a Gastric bypass to rebuild his stomach.

As you may imagine I have lots of questions.... but my biggest question is why did he not have his concealed carry piece on him??!

He is an 82nd airborne Vet. So he is a tough old bird.... More surgeries are scheduled.

I read about stuff like this every day, but this time It directly involves me and my children.

This is the only gun forum I belong to, so I thought I would share. KEEP YOUR GUN WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR ANY REASON!!! ALWAYS!

I know I will!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Prayers for your father and your family.

Reactions: BWM243

·
Registered
961 Posts
Terrible news. May we all pray that your father mends back to 100% of his former self. God bless.

Reactions: BWM243 and Donnie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hope and pray for your father's recovery. Sounds pretty terrifying.

I am too lax about carrying my pistol and this is a good lesson for me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jesus! I will say a prayer for you, and hope that your father has a full recovery. Please keep us up to date. Let us all pray that both his father and officer make a full recovery. Your father is a hero in my book for placing his life in grave danger to rescue and assist a police officer.

All the more reason that we should all carry. What good is your weapon if it is at home? It's like the American Express card never leave home without it!

Hang in there and know that many are thinking and praying for your father. A Hero! A real true Hero! And the officer that was doing his job. That we all so many take for granted. May God watch over him too!

And to the scum bags who committed this crime. May God NOT have mercy on your souls and that you get what's coming to you!!!!! What comes around goes around...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Prayers sent. Hope he and the officer recover and the perps get what is coming to them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My family's thoughts and prayers are with yours at this time. Keep us up to date.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
604 Posts
Prayers out to you, your father and your family.

He is an 82nd airborne Vet
Paratroopers never go easy into that good night. I'm sure he'll make a full recovery.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Add my thoughts and prayers to the others for your fathers quick and compete recovery.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the well wishes and prayers. It has been a crazy first few days of 2014.

He just needs time to heal and fight off infections (which is one of the biggest problems right now) He Is very lucky the bullet did not hit any of the major organs too badly, and It did not hit his spine.

I am half way across the country in VA, but he has an entire team of doctors and Nurses just for him and there is nothing I could do anyway. I talk to his wife every day.... sometimes twice. He is in good hands and his wife has loads of support from the Sheriffs Office, and the Sheriffs posse members. I hope to make the trip once he has been taken out of ICU. A big concern of the hole family is my 84 year old Grandmother (his mother) who just lost my grandfather 6 months ago. Needles to say she has been very stressed.

I feel a great deal of pride for what he did. I could only hope I could be that brave in a similar situation.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm praying for him and your family. God Bless.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Main reason I posted this, was to remind everyone the importance of carrying if you have the ability to do so. Things can go bad very quickly. Bad things can end up in your lap even when minding your own business. It's best to be as prepared as you can be.

I have no doubt that if he had his weapon, things would be different.

I have been lax at this myself, but I plan to remedy that immediately. I don't know how I will react if the situation ever arises, ( I guess know one ever does ) but I hope I have the courage to do what is necessary.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts