FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought an FS2000 today and shot 55gr. ammo through it and it keyholed at 15yards. Im trying to stay calm and am hoping it was just the grain of ammo. Has anyone else had this problem and what are your suggestions. PLease help! Thanks!

·
Administrator
11,725 Posts
gator6romeo said:
Hey guys, I just bought an FS2000 today and shot 55gr. ammo through it and it keyholed at 15yards. Im trying to stay calm and am hoping it was just the grain of ammo. Has anyone else had this problem and what are your suggestions. PLease help! Thanks!
More information on the ammo would be helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, I put some PMC 55gr. and Remington 55gr. through the FS2000 and they both did fine, no keyhole. I then went bak and shot the Atlanta Arms Ammo again and it keyhold so, for future knowledge, FS2000's do not like Atlanta Arms Ammo.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
You should try that ammo in another .223 weapon and see if it is just the ammo that's the problem. I'd bet that it would keyhole in an AR as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dont use any Atlanta ammo... I had a Kaboom in one of my SMG's with that crap and they just said Meh... Just look at the caseings are sized so bad, some will not even fit in the chamber of an Uzi! Its the only ammo that ive ever found that a Mac or Uzi will not run at all.

GA arms ammo was haveing some trouble with there 5.56 but it seems to be better. I shoot there stuff alot now and they seem to be cheaper.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I haven't heard the term 'keyhole' before. I'm assuming you mean the bullet lost stability and was tumbling when it hit the target ?

:eek:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Madhouse said:
I haven't heard the term 'keyhole' before. I'm assuming you mean the bullet lost stability and was tumbling when it hit the target ?

:eek:
essentially, yes. U can tell by the hole on the paper target usually.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd put serious money on jacket separation more than actual keyholing. What, if any, are the differences in twist rate between the two rifles you are shooting it in? It just may be that the rounds don't like the twist rate of the FS2000. Still, they should be able to handle it, so I'd throw them out.

Zhur

1 - 13 of 13 Posts