FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was deciding between what I wanted for my first semi-auto 12 gauge and as soon as I saw this I knew I had to have it. The plan is to get into 3-gun so I wanted something factory with that in mind. I looked at Benelli, Remington, Beretta, and FN. When I saw it I knew I wanted the new FN. Broke it down to clean it and somehow my finger slipped off the bolt and it hit the receiver making a small dent. :NO: Pissed me off but oh well, you don't notice it unless you know it's there. I did pick up a couple spare pistons which are supposed to be for light loads as I was worried about functionality after reading about issues cycling lighter loads, but so far it's ran everything without issue. It only has about 100 rounds through it so far, but i'm looking forward to really learning more about shotgun shooting as I don't do much of it. Once one of my rifles sell i'm considering also getting the Remington Versa Max Tactical Competition as I played around with that one as well and liked the feel of it.

What i've put through it so far:

Estate Super Sport Competition 2 3/4", 2 3/4 DRAM, 1 1/8 oz, 8 shot, 1,145 FPS
Estate Super Sport Competition 2 3/4", 3 DRAM, 1 1/8 oz, 7.5 shot, 1,200 FPS
Estate Buckshot 2 3/4", 00 Buck, 9 pellet, 1,325 FPS
Remington Game & Target Load 2 3/4", 7/8 oz, 6 shot, 1,390 FPS
Federal Field & Target 2 3/4", 3 DRAM, 1 1/8 oz, 7.5 shot, 1,200 FPS

My target at 50'. I only have the IC choke. This is probably 30 or so rounds through it of birdshot. I was having fun seeing how fast I could shoot it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts