FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a quick one I made today:

And another one, this time with my Mark 23:

edit: Oops! Sorry for starting a new thread...

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Sucks that you guys up there have to have the neutered mags.

Nice photo's though. I like the camo pattern in the first one, but would like it better if there wasn't black and had more browns and tans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It does suck that we don't get the 20 rounders... or 30 :D

BTW, the camo pattern is the CADPAT, our army's camouflage. This is also my issued kit.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
CADPAT seems like it would be good in the forests and marshes when they are nice and green, but once it goes brown, it stands out. What do you guys have for desert camo? I can't remember ever seeing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's called Arid CADPAT for the desert.

Here's what it looked like in Afghanistan (that's me):

Matches the pattern pretty well, even the Marines at the camp there found our camo better suited than the MARPAT.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
That is good desert camo. An I thought our Marines had some pretty good stuff :grin:

It really matches the building you're standing next to, especially the brick wall. The darker spots help blend in to the voids in the bricks.

So...
did you join the army so you could get access to some decent weapons? :lol:

My friend is over in Iraq right now. He's carrying around and M240 and is enjoying it (the weapon that is).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow, that is some awesome desert camo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a guy of uncommon things. I wanted to be in the army because I could live stuff that the average joe will never see in his lifetime. In my tour in Afghanistan, I've been shot at, IED'd twice, rocketed and so on. I got to see a Predator drop a Hellfire on a bunch of ******** digging on the road no more than half a click in front of me. Man, what a blast! I had to experience what that felt like. Plus the pay is good for my trade :D

That's also how I choose my guns :D I prefer the ones that stand out or that have a special purpose.

BTW, after speaking with some Marines at my camp that were shipped from Irak to Kandahar, I learned that Afg. was like vacation compared to the **** in Irak. My respects to you guys that did your time there or are still there! :shock:

·
Registered
37 Posts
chronos, nice pic with the Mark 23. I might have to do one like that. Seems to be a common set-up for the Mark 23 and USPs like HK's catalogues, but the FN and HK together= Awesome!
BTW, I always thought that would be a good set-up: Mark 23 for silent take down, Five-seveN for SHTF and I need a lot of rounds, and that still leaves plenty of room and weight for sniper or battle rifle.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
chronos said:

Matches the pattern pretty well, even the Marines at the camp there found our camo better suited than the MARPAT.
Looks Like West Valley in Salt Lake City. :lol:

-TH

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nahhh Therm, West Valley's homes aren't in as good of shape hehehe

Zhur

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yummmy...MK23!!! SICK! Good choice in H&K sir!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
WVC

Nah, that appears to be a little hole south of St. George Utah referred to as Mesquite Nevada.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thermallator said:
chronos said:

Looks Like West Valley in Salt Lake City. :lol:

-TH
Nah, that's more like Magna...
:) LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice Mark 23 and Five seveN. I am jelous, even if you have to use low cap mags. We (the Navy Seabees) are supposed to get the Marpat sometime soon. Right now we have that crappy 3 desert camo. At least the 3 desert beats the hell out of that ACU and ABU stuff the Army and Air Force use. Are you planning to go to Iraq sometime? If you are, remember to take some rain gear if you go in the winter.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
SeabeeOrdie83 said:
Are you planning to go to Iraq sometime? If you are, remember to take some rain gear if you go in the winter.
He's Canadian, and Canada isn't involved in Iraq to my knowledge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts