FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing sexy done to her yet. Just added an EOTech NV capable sight on top for now. S/N in the 25xxx range:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and no.

The back one is very tight and one needs a good yank to get it to flip up. The front one is perfect though- just the right tension. I'm going to see if maybe I cranked the screws down too far when I installed them which causing a bind to the rear cover. If I can get the rear cover to the same tension as the front I'll be very happy.

Both are on light springs and stay up and out of the way which is really nice.

Overall I like them. I'm a big fan of dust covers and will get a set for my other EOTechs.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I went ahead and bought a nyoprene scopecoat for mine - it's a cover that fits over it when not in use.

But most people seem to like those flip covers - although, they are pretty new, so not very widespread yet.

·
Registered
857 Posts
sweet gun - i really want one, just don't know how I fell spending $2000 - maybe I'll wait and see how much taxes I owe, If I don't take a big hit I'll splurge on one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went ahead and bought a nyoprene scopecoat for mine - it's a cover that fits over it when not in use.

But most people seem to like those flip covers - although, they are pretty new, so not very widespread yet.
LOL Skip ... you know you wanna go ahead and get the flip ups! We see you asking about them from time to time ... :) all over the forum.

I have them on my FS2000 .. they are mounted on my EoTech 552 and I absolutely love them. They DO stick fairly tight but unless you have girlie fingers they should be easily manageable. Besides they are LENSE COVERS ... If they fit loose they wouldn't keep too much out.

Stop torturing yourself and go for it! You deserve it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FN BROTHERS IN ARMS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! GOD BLESS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts