FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have an extensive collection of Fal's from g-series Fal's on down and all Belgian. I have just one left and it's a preban SA Sar-48 which they called a bush model. I used to shoot this gun a lot when surplus was 10 cents a rd, and it killed a nice 10 pointer in it's day. I just thought I'd put a pic up of her, great gun and ALWAYS! ran like a stripped azz! ape! no matter how fast I shot it. I'm sorry about the resizing pic thing as I'm not the best at this computer stuff and.... being a dinosaur if you will.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lester, one thing I noticed after comparing it to my new 17 is the weight. The 17 is waaay! lighter and as you get older your looking for lighter guns for some reason. Although in it's day it was the rifle I enjoyed shooting the most.

·
Registered
179 Posts
fal

I used to have an extensive collection of Fal's from g-series Fal's on down and all Belgian. I have just one left and it's a preban SA Sar-48 which they called a bush model. I used to shoot this gun a lot when surplus was 10 cents a rd, and it killed a nice 10 pointer in it's day. I just thought I'd put a pic up of her, great gun and ALWAYS! ran like a stripped azz! ape! no matter how fast I shot it. I'm sorry about the resizing pic thing as I'm not the best at this computer stuff and.... being a dinosaur if you will.

nice FAL.Long live the FN FAL.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Definitely very, very nice!!!

The Bush model was not common. I remembered when Springfield Armory started advertising for the SAR-48 family, and my first choice was the Paratrooper model, then the Bush model, then the standard. Nobody could find either of the former and I had to settle for the standard model. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the standard model, but you know how it is when you have to settle for something.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely very, very nice!!!

The Bush model was not common. I remembered when Springfield Armory started advertising for the SAR-48 family, and my first choice was the Paratrooper model, then the Bush model, then the standard. Nobody could find either of the former and I had to settle for the standard model. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the standard model, but you know how it is when you have to settle for something.
I like your handle you go by also, nice! I wouldn't mind having an Sar-48 Para either. I had a 50.63 and 50-64 years ago great guns but the para's do have more felt recoil and the full stock just fits better. It just doesn't have the cool factor of a para. That's kind of why I hung onto this one as I like the 18" barrel and the way the full stock feels and the chrome lined barrel and chamber.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: d762nato

·
Registered
101 Posts
d762nato, that's a very nice FAL. I have the same model, without the bipod. I was very fortunate to find one a couple years ago.

Yes they are heavier than a SCAR but so much fun to shoot. If you're down to your last FAL you picked a good one to hang onto.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
d762nato, that's a very nice FAL. I have the same model, without the bipod. I was very fortunate to find one a couple years ago.

Yes they are heavier than a SCAR but so much fun to shoot. If you're down to your last FAL you picked a good one to hang onto.
Thanks, and like you mentioned this model is hard to locate now days. The bipod was on it when I got it and it would probably be a little lighter if I just took it off being its a short barrel model anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts