FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm not p-factor, but I found a great read. And while I can't be p-factor, I can be inspired by our own favorite news caster.

I decided a while ago I wanted a 1911 for my Christmas gift from wife- here is what I choose!

Sti 1911 in 45acp range master -- it is the last picture.

here is the article as promised! Chock full of 1911 pride--- if you got one, or love that pistol, this will bring a smile to ya!

The 1911 .45...the Gun, the Myth, the Legend - Bullets First | Bullets First

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
those were hard men of grit back then. so distressing so few men anymore are.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks buckeye! Yeah been eyeing it for a while -- gonna be the nicest pistol in my collection. Have a merry Christmas,
- and blessings for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Congratulations Trouble on your new 1911. :? Fine pistol. I have 5 myself from Colt, SA & S&W and love um all. You'll be looking for your next one shortly.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks shoot- Yeah I have to say I have caught the 1911 bug. I love those pistols- they just feel great and are so intuitive - it's like my hand and gun become 1. I only have one now-a sig custom shop stx. The sti will be my 2nd. It really is a marvel of engineering- over a hundred years old and still strong. I won't recieve the pistol till closer to feb, but when I do I will post a report.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice Christmas gift! I have 3 STI 1911s. They are the only 1911s I am interested in owning for the $$$. Wife got me a STI Sentinel Premier for Christmas. Can't wait to take it to the range!

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Christmas gift! I have 3 STI 1911s. They are the only 1911s I am interested in owning for the $$$. Wife got me a STI Sentinel Premier for Christmas. Can't wait to take it to the range!
This is my first-- from what I hear they are very underrated and the best u can get for the money. I've never held or seen one in person but I'm buying based off advice of trusted advice from friends and my gunsmith. I almost choose the sentinel -- went with the range master because it looked a bit different and unique. The internals are the same I'm told-- can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice! I totally dig the straight full length frame look.

Look at the noobs with their trigger fingers. lol

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Congrats on the STI. That is one fine pistola/Christmas gift.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The article was kind of neat where it talks about in ww1 a soldier was give 8 rounds and proper up against a tree as he was drawing his last, and later they were able to find him surrounded by 8 enemy. Has some cool history to it. Almost every conflict over 100 years is hard to argue with. The antique pic is cool as all the soldiers are showing off their 1911"s. Trigger finger safety back then was probably more along the line of "don't pull the trigger when resting your finger unless you want to shoot"-- haha, while to all of us looks like each guy could almost take out the one to his left and the platoon is reduced to 1/10 it's original size!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
The article was kind of neat where it talks about in ww1 a soldier was give 8 rounds and proper up against a tree as he was drawing his last, and later they were able to find him surrounded by 8 enemy. Has some cool history to it. Almost every conflict over 100 years is hard to argue with. The antique pic is cool as all the soldiers are showing off their 1911"s. Trigger finger safety back then was probably more along the line of "don't pull the trigger when resting your finger unless you want to shoot"-- haha, while to all of us looks like each guy could almost take out the one to his left and the platoon is reduced to 1/10 it's original size!
the 1911 has come a long way since then but the real M1911 has that same feel as my 70s CC and my last gold cup. They are all full of awesomeness! :?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts