FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FNH SCAR 17S in FDE!

I went and picked her up today. It wasn't cheap and it was a hell of a drive (2.5 hours one way). I cleaned her and shot her once I got home and I enjoyed every second of it! The BOOM was freakin amazing. You can really fell the concussion in you chest when your standing next to someone shooting it. When I was putting it back together I had trouble getting the pin back in on the side of the bolt carrier (the one with the o-ring). Is it supposed to be that hard? Is it gonna loosen up some? I put some patches over it and tapped it in with a brass hammer.

Stuff to add so far:
Some kind of 1-4x short dot (Viper, Night Force, Schmidt and Bender)
LaRue SPR mount Quick Detach
Atlas Bipod Quick Detach
Geissele Super SCAR Trigger
Pelican 1720 (tan)

·
Premium Member
9,516 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Awesome! What optic are you thinking?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats on the sweet rifle. As to the pin, it doesn't go all the way in flush. Typically I just make sure the o-ring is coated in CLP (or whatever lubricant you use) and push it in with a little bit of cursing. :) They do limber up with time.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome the the forum and congrats! You may want to add a Stryker Enterprises E.A.C.H. to your list. Guys on here highly recommend them for a replacement charging handle it you at running an optic on your SCAR. Plus, they are a sponsor of this forum:?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Beauty of a carbine, "Lanman". If and when you upgrade the trigger, & put some match ammo , through it.
High performance...to a top level. CONGRATS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Congrats man! And yes that pin had me scratching my head the first time too. I ended up tapping it in and it seats fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts