FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new toy this week. Just mounted the Urban ERT sling and Eotech on it!

Now I have 2 rifles :shock:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Used a laser boresighter tonight - approximated 50 yards. I'll get to hit the range with it Christmas week!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Congrats on joining the club you will love it! Maybe even more then the ps90

Just wondering why you have the sight so far forward, I prefer mine closer to the rear sight, for sheer looks and usability.

Let me know how the laser bore sighter works, always wondered about them

My red dot bsa cowitnesses with the irons so all i did to sight in the bsa red dot was line it up with the irons and to my surprise it came out perfect.

You won't belive the accuracy of this gun at 25-50 feet. It's a nail driver.

Congrants!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the stock extension on my PS90 to give me a little more distance between the EOtech and my eyes. I like a little distance between my eyes and the reticle (it's a holo sight - a bit different than a plain red dot)

I did back the eotech up a tiny bit on the CX4 after that photo. However - the eotech is wide - wider than a BSA dot. I can't push it much further back or I hit my hand on it when working the bolt.

I tried it both ways, and I decided to mount it towards the front.

As for the laser boresighter - I prev used it to sight my PS90 in Dec 06. It was $35 - works pretty well. Isn't perfect, but got me w/i 4 inches at 50 yards. More than enough to start on the paper and then just dial it in by hand afterwards...

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Did the side rail and top rail come with it or did you add them on after?
I thought rails were sold separetly.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the Storms come with 1 side rail.

SOme come with a optic rail, and some do not.

I could have gotten one for $625-$650 at the next big gun show, but it would not have had the rail. I paid $679 for it, and it had the optic rail. Considering what the rail costs, and itw as already installed, it was worth it.

Putting the side rails on is easy. Installing the top rails requires a drill - as two of the holes are still covered in polymer. So, I was trying to find one with the rail installed - and I wasn't gonna pay $799 at Gander Mountain for one :lol:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Installing the top rail is actually really easy - if any one if thinking of getting don't worry, it's almost dummy proof.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wlcohen said:
Just wondering why you have the sight so far forward, I prefer mine closer to the rear sight, for sheer looks and usability.
Here is where I have it now - any further forward, and I hit my hand on the eotech when working the action handle.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I see - I never knew why people had some sights so far forward.
That sounds like a good reason, from a purely looks standpoint i like the sight further back. i may have to try one of those sites on a FS2000 if I ever end up getting it. For now I am really happy with the BSA on the storm. You can really appreciate the cowitness with the irons if the battery ever runs out.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I have heard that about the BSA - I always like an unobstructed view thru my optic, though. I like the EOtech sitting up higher, personally. The window is above the front and rear "ears" - so they don't block my view.

A tube scope, like your BSA or even an Aimpoint would be narrower. But I like the Eotech reticle and the wider field of view it gives me.

But hey, I wish I liked regular red dots - I could have saved a bundle by not buying another EOtech!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've heard good things about the Eotechs - just seem like a lot of cash
I'm sure i will pick one up one day

maybe when i break down and get the fs2000 i'll take a closer look at the eotech

Some of the ones i have seen look larger then yours, is there a difference?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wlcohen said:
I've heard good things about the Eotechs - just seem like a lot of cash
I'm sure i will pick one up one day

maybe when i break down and get the fs2000 i'll take a closer look at the eotech

Some of the ones i have seen look larger then yours, is there a difference?
Yes, the larger ones use different batteries and have a longer battery life.

I like the N Battery one on my PS90 - it looks better, as it is smaller.

For the Storm, I could have gotten the AA battery version - however, I wanted to simplify things and just use the same batteries for both - instead of having to deal with 2 different battery sizes.

The smaller ones are also about $30 or so cheaper.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:D I finally picked up a CX4 this past week as well...in 9mm. I've been looking at them for awhile, just have been waiting for a used one to pop up at a decent price as they always seemed a little high new for what they are. Haven't shot mine yet either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wlcohen,
What BSA red dot do you have on yours? You said it co-witnesses with the irons? I picked up ShipWrecks and don't really wanna cut the sight "wings" off to co-witness an optic. Thanks

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hkuspc9 said:
wlcohen,
What BSA red dot do you have on yours? You said it co-witnesses with the irons? I picked up ShipWrecks and don't really wanna cut the sight "wings" off to co-witness an optic. Thanks
I believe he has the kind you can buy at Wal-Mart or Academy for pretty cheap.

On the Beretta Forum, I have seen and heard many people claim that it lines up perfectly with the front and rear sight. You don't cut off those ears. But, the insides of the front one would be visible thru the red dot.

I went with an eotech because I like an unobstructed view. It sat higher.

·
Registered
857 Posts
hkuspc9 said:
wlcohen,
It's the one that's like $30 at Walmart. It co-witnesses with the irons perfectly. You don't even notice the "sight wings". In fact when ship mentioned it, I actually had to pull my cx4 to check on that because as much as i use it i just never noticed the "wings" through the site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts