·
Premium Member
9,510 Posts
Congrats on the LS, and Happy Birthday!

Reactions: Ditch

·
Registered
551 Posts
Need to ask. I imagine the FNS 40LS is going to be used primarily for Competition? Is it replacing the Glock or are you just extending your repertoire . I ask because, i am thinking of a second firearm for carry (LS models are not what I need) but my choices so far are FNX-40, FNS-40 or a Glock G23. I have a Ruger SR40C, but i would like a slightly more full sized model (and i have this thing about DA/SA that I would like to have). I have shot my friends Glock and it just feels odd when I do. But what intrigues about Glock is their after market accessories and that I am told they easily field stripped and can be worked on without any special tools. So I am curious as to how you view your new purchase against your Glock 35. Awaiting your range report and impressions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to ask. I imagine the FNS 40LS is going to be used primarily for Competition? Is it replacing the Glock or are you just extending your repertoire . I ask because, i am thinking of a second firearm for carry (LS models are not what I need) but my choices so far are FNX-40, FNS-40 or a Glock G23. I have a Ruger SR40C, but i would like a slightly more full sized model (and i have this thing about DA/SA that I would like to have). I have shot my friends Glock and it just feels odd when I do. But what intrigues about Glock is their after market accessories and that I am told they easily field stripped and can be worked on without any special tools. So I am curious as to how you view your new purchase against your Glock 35. Awaiting your range report and impressions.
I do plan on using it as comp gun, I picked up the Glock because at the time FNS LS was not available and the aftermarket is there for Glock. I do like the fit in the hand of the FNS vs the Glock As for comparison I will share more soon as I can get to the range.:xI picked up the FNS for a few dollars cheaper than the G35.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
The FNS's recoil spring is longer than the G35's even though the G35 has a longer barrel and slide?

Also looks like the FNS is a bit thinner as well (might just be the pic of the tops of the slides making it look that way though).

Nice comparison pics!

Reactions: Ditch

·
Registered
5 Posts
congrats and great lookin LS40, recently picked up the LS9. like it so much that this might be my first .40 cal purchase

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1st mag out

put about 75 rounds through it today I like it I shoot it as well as I shoot my G35.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts