FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I don't do Christmas in the conventional sense. We each get something we want, and then we get a mutual gift. And we rarely (never) wait until Christmas. With no kids, I don't have to set a good example, patience wise. So we got a new grill as the mutual gift. My wife is still trying to figure out what she wants. But, me, I don't have time for hesitation. Part of my gift is the barrel for my PS90 SBR (which is apparently being hand forged in the heart of Mordor). The other part is this:

"So, what do you need that for, Scott?", you might ask. And my answer is...nothing. It is completely unnecessary. Well, I suppose I could rationalize some sort of "ninjas in my cereal" scenario. But I found it at a very good price, I've wanted one for a while and It's the season.

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also picked up this little guy...just in case I need a second chance to go to the emergency room.

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, for size reference:

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
Ok, now you just want to rub it in. :biggrin:

That's some good looking stuff.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Very nice and it will come in handy in CCC with Z's!

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and it will come in handy in CCC with Z's!
Thanks.

When I was a kid, I got to ride an elephant. It was at some two bit carnival. It was the 70's, those things were everywhere. It walked around in a circle a few times....I thought it was the coolest thing one could ever do. For weeks, whenever I bumped into anyone, the words out of my mouth were " Did I tell you about the elephant?", "Guess what...I rode an elephant" and so on and so on.

One day, in gym class, I was pummeled into unconsciousness with dodge balls. When I woke up, I had been rolled in a gym mat and stuck in a utility closet.

I don't know why I felt like sharing that.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Akita now you need to get a set of japanese whetstones. Just started sharpening my own blades and it is very relaxing. Also chores in the kitchen take half the time with a razor sharp knife. I've found myself sharpening blades that don't even need it just so I can get more expierience on the stones :)

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Akita now you need to get a set of japanese whetstones. Just started sharpening my own blades and it is very relaxing. Also chores in the kitchen take half the time with a razor sharp knife. I've found myself sharpening blades that don't even need it just so I can get more expierience on the stones :)
I'll have to try those. My knife sharpening skills are pretty lackluster. But I have a whole mess of knives to practice on.

·
Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a better system. I buy them then never use them to cut anything. Hence no need for sharpening.
Well, that does sound like a real time saver. You should market your system via a series of seminars at hotel convention halls.

Reactions: vz58kid

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
That looks sweet

my knives swords etc I give to butcher shop I know and they give it to a knife sharpening company. My lazy a ss should probably just do it myself

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Hey fellow psychopath. When is my room going to be ready. Since you have such cool stuff I will be moving in. :mrgreen: I'll bring my own food I promise. :?::lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts