FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on this one off and on for about a year now. It is a 10.5 inch .458 socom
Wilson combat upper receiver
palmetto carrier
sbr ammunition barrel and bolt
troy rail
Wilson combat low pro gas block
barrel work done by jpgrips (jim pixely)
one off custom made muzzle brake for the 5/8-32 thread pitch
Wilson combat dust cover
gunkoted

socom.jpg

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Sweet looking upper. Congrats.

I dislike the troy rail though, it kinda PITA to align to the barrel. Or maybe I'm just retarded...

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

ENHANCE!

Reactions: sldcountry

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL yeah yeah I get it my pics suck. I took the pic with my phone and I am old school with an old school flip phone. I am not into the smart phone thing. Sorry but that's as good as it gets. Maybe tomorrow I will take a pic of it with the wife's iphone and have her e-mail it to me. I have avoided getting a smart phone because it irritates me so much how people walk around like zombies on the damn things. They cannot or will not even look you in the face while talking to them as if they have no social skills. Some people cannot even make it threw a dinner date without having to look at or play with their stupid phone. Just trying to avoid becoming a phone zombie is all. Anyways off my soap box! I will try to get a better pic on here tomorrow night. Thanks for all the compliment guys, it took a long time to find or have made all the parts needed to build this thing.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
looking good and I like that 458 socom round choice...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a similar setup, my Templar Tactical titanium can has been approved for over a month but the paperwork has been lost in the mail.... i can't wait to get it all together. My handguard is 3 inches longer than the barrel so the can will be somewhat under it.

Let me know if you need any load data. I like the cheap (relatively) Remington 405 gr for plinking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts