FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been drooling over this rifle for the last two years and today I finally became a SCAR 17 owner - it was worth the wait.

I'll post better full length shots tomorrow, but for now I took some quick bathroom lighting pics with my phone more for the color variation...

The upper is more OD Green than it is FDE. When I say "more" I mean, it's literally OD green, and not really FDE at all, but I think I dig it.

EDIT: More pics added -

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice, on an aside, the FDE color was never meant to be exactly FDE, mostly designed to be a better base for camo than black.

They were more brown looking at some point.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Congrats on your new 17s Java! :?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice rifle!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Congratulations! Nice green rifle you have there. Rad Scorpius makes sense. Its primer not top coat! :-D

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Congrats on the sweet greenback!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Congrats

if you are looking for a charging handle sarge has his each in fde and it's a perfect color match to the upper. It also helped that I took the each with me to Home Depot so they can scan it to give me a color match on paint so I can paint my tac light. I don't think taking the scar to Home Depot would have been wise lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congrats on the 17. If I get a 16 someday to go with my black 17 I would love to have an OD upper. Looks awesome man.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
How common are these OD green upper'd 17s?

Has anyone else gotten one like this?
They're out there, just gotta look around a lot. Lester and I found ours on gun broker. But they're 16s.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts