FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for those that voted for the FS2000 in my other thread.

I love this gun, shoots great, I just need an optic. Not one FTE or FTF.
Here are a few pics.

It is so easy to break down. (once you know the right buttons to hit)

Bolt work

Here is the size comparison-

I will try to get an optic soon and give my evaluation of how it works.

Enjoy

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats. I love my STG556 also. Very reliable and accurate in a shorter than my PS90 package.

Think hard about an optic. I tried a Millet DMS-1, 1-4x adjustable Illuminated DoD scope (like the eotech reticule) and with it the rifle was just too heavy. Almost 9.5lbs.

I am putting on a Trijicon Reflex II 6.5MOA amber dot on it once I get it back form being duracoated in urban digital camo and designating it my SHTF weapon.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Very nice! Congrats!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
STG-556

Thanks everyone

It was $1578.00 Delivered. It really is nice. I will try to drop a range report when I have the chance.

@MrNuke - I don't have any scope for it yet, I just recieved a Red dot clone from China yesterday.

It looks like an Aimpoint sight, I was going to put it on my PS90 but I my try it on the Microtech STG for now.

If I like this sight, I will get the real deal or an Eotech.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Contrats, BPx

She's a great looking gun! I too considered it for a moment, but never pulled the trigger on one. Now I'm jealous! :p

·
Registered
414 Posts
$1578 Delivered? Damn. Where did ya get it from? :D
My NY/CT State Legal STG-556 was $1670 delivered 2 months ago, and I thought I was getting a good deal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
STG-556

I got it from Red's Trading Post from GB. Great price, I looked all around and they were the cheapest.

They also had Great Service and Super Fast Delivery.

I am very happy with them, they even offered layaway. Red's was about to move to a different location when I did the purchase.

They may still have some auctions up, if not PM me and I'll look up the info for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
$1578 Delivered? Damn. Where did ya get it from? :D
My NY/CT State Legal STG-556 was $1670 delivered 2 months ago, and I thought I was getting a good deal.
Helluva price. I just bought one in Vegas for $1850 plus the 3% cc processing fee, plus $45 shipping, plus $50 FFL xfer fee. SHould have it by the end of the week.

PS90 is next on the list.

JT

:grin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stopped by the range after work.

STG ran great, using an ebay cheap red dot sight but seems to be working good.

I just sold my Vector MP5/40 :cry: so I will be getting an EO. I had planned to get one fo my PS90 but now I want to try it on my Microtech.

Anyone know a place to get good/cheap .223. I have been shooting my extra duty stuff but I am running out.

Can someone recommend a brand for punching paper?
Has anyone tried the ballistic tip ammo? I am voiding buying some because I think the tips might break off in the rifle.

thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love mine. Good quality, excellent accuracy, short package.

Here is a shot of mine with a compact ACOG on it...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed your Muzzlebrake/Flash Supper is different than mine.

Will post a picture of it soon. It has 4 opening on top but is sealed on the bottom.

hmm, I don't think it is welded on there, so I may be able to change it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
let me know how it turns out i didnt want to purchase one because of my bad exp. with the mp5 clones from Special weapons (SW5) was a total piece of sh*t, and that is the main reason I been staying away from high priced clones

·
Registered
408 Posts
Microtech is a far better company and manufacturer than Special Weapons. They make some high quality stuff. Worth a hundred SW5's

Zhur

1 - 20 of 58 Posts