FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earlier this year I turned 40 and I decided I want to build an ar15 pistol or am Sbr. I wanted something unique and custom to me and my taste. The upper is a 12.5 inch barrel with a kx5 under
a 13.5 nsr key mod rail. All the parts are noveske except for the bcg/trigger/lower parts kit which are lwrc (they make a di 1 piece nickle boron bcg) and the pistol kit are kak and sig for the sb15. I just finished Wednesday.

Special thanks to Lester and some the forum for the help- advice and expertise in the matter. I am 90% complete, I plan to add an aim point h1/t1 and either a tac-con trigger or a 3 gun trigger from geisille. I have also recently purchased a 10 inch 300 blackout noveske upper that I also want to add a h1/t1 to that as well. I will run that with my sdn 762.

i am on the fence if I should file my form1 for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks gentlemen, I think john would have approved too. I like how the head of the pig just comes past the rail, and the inside of the dust cover has the flaming pig. Really can't wait to shoot it bigbuckeye- just won't shoot it this weekend.
I may forward the pic to noveske for their "peoples rifles's uploads page," when I receive my 10 upper I will upload a pic of this as well. One goal of the build was to
keep it light and simple.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks awesome. As for the trigger, I like the taccon 3mr for its crisp light pull and quick reset but I can't tell much of a difference between the two modes. I would imagine the 3 gun triggers would be the same feel as the taccon but for almost half the price. And trust me, you won't be disappointed with the sdn6 and .300aac subs. Just make sure you leave room between the rail and suppressor so you can detach the suppressor.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks awesome. As for the trigger, I like the taccon 3mr for its crisp light pull and quick reset but I can't tell much of a difference between the two modes. I would imagine the 3 gun triggers would be the same feel as the taccon but for almost half the price. And trust me, you won't be disappointed with the sdn6 and .300aac subs. Just make sure you leave room between the rail and suppressor so you can detach the suppressor.

The noveske 300 black 10 inch upper is completely different. Has a traditional 51t FH, and a 9 inch rail. It has a traditional upper, where I may also make that a nsr rail to keep light and be able to interchange both rails and accessories from one to the other. Nsr rails are nice that you can quite literally slide stuff on and off as you choose.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Happy B-Day!!!

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So as it pertains to a pdw-- any legal changes to what is legal in terms of overall length, buttstock, length of barrel? I see the scar pdw-- has a shot barrel, telescoping buttstock and it has to be less than 24 overall inches--- same with the lwrc 6.8 pdw? Seems they have to be Nfa items (more like a Sbr with a new name)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good point, I look at the Sig brace as a game changer for the AR platform. I like the lwrc pdw but would prefer it in another caliber, .300, 5.56, or even .308.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to be 40 eh? And well done on your Noveske build
Hey thanks bayonet--- kind of hard to believe i made it so far, got to be guy up stairs looking out for me. I hope to shoot
the noveske this week if I can get away from the wife and kids. Hope it shoots as good as it looks! I'm also hoping I like the brace as a "brace"

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks good man I just built a similar rifle but not the higher and like you did I just turned 36 so I got a couple years until I can have one as nice as yours.. Great Job

1 - 20 of 64 Posts