FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the PS90 is done for now. Only thing left is the SBR process (and a sling), but that won't be for a while. Down the road I may upgrade to a nicer light such as a Millenium or something, but for now the "budget" setup will do just fine.

Anyway, the VTAC light mount actually gets in the way of the magazine, so I had to invert it. At first I wasn't too thrilled having it so high, but the good part is that now the bright spot of the beam is perfectly lined up with the optic. I may try a different mount later, but for now I'm happy with it. I was worried it would create a small blind spot, but since I shoot both eyes open, it doesn't appear to be an issue.

The CAA pressure pad tailcap is a great fit, but the cord is a little short for my taste. I made sure racking the action wouldn't interfere on the right side so for now it'll stay where you see it. I prefer activating lights with my support hand so the gripping action of my shooting hand doesn't affect my trigger finger.

The Lasermax is VERY bright! I haven't been to the range, so I just zeroed it to the center of the optic using the longest hallway in my home.

I love the brass catcher from Magazineparts.com! Very well made and easy to install/remove. I am also using their side rails. The standard length on the left holding the Lasermax and the longer version on the right with the light. I have the spacers installed on the right/long rail, but not on the left.

Now to the pics. :D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i have the same laser on my ps-90. i like it. it very slim and easy to turn on.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I see you have the black reticle sight on yours, did you buy it that way or aftermarket?

i have two ps90's with the white reticle and was wondering wether to buy a mount and red dot (about $600) for each or go with the black reticle sight ($700).

I like the low profile of the black reticle, and the fact it doen't need batteries

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
horse9640 said:
I see you have the black reticle sight on yours, did you buy it that way or aftermarket?

i have two ps90's with the white reticle and was wondering wether to buy a mount and red dot (about $600) for each or go with the black reticle sight ($700).

I like the low profile of the black reticle, and the fact it doen't need batteries
I purposely ordered the USG/USSS black reticle sight. It meant waiting several extra weeks, but it was worth it IMO. While I like Aimpoints, EOtechs, etc., I agree that the lower profile of the factory sight was worth it. The only drawback I have found is that I would not be able to use the mag coupler because the spare mag raises my cheek weld too high and I can't use the sight. I don't consider it that big a deal since 50rds should be more than adequate for pretty much any scenario out there.

Since you have to PS90s, why not do one with the USG sight and one with an aftermarket setup? I love the newest version of the Trijicon Reflex except that it can only be had with a 6.5 MOA dot. Though, the more I think about it, that is probably fine for close-in work. I don't see me using my PS90 for very long shots - especially after it has the 10" bbl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts