FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge duffel bag that I use as my range bag. I have ALL of my shooting stuff in it - I have been at the range too many times and found myself needing gun oil, a tool or something else.

So, I take it ALL with me. Plus, I'll have the guns I am taking for that trip, and the ammo. Now, I have a front and rear sandbag set in there too.

Damn bag must weigh 30 pounds easily -when I have my guns in there for a specific trip. I needa strap a skateboard to the bottom of the damn thing.

What kinda bag setup do U guys use?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I load up the truck with,

Large SIG Tournament bag:
Mags
Mag Loaders
Water
Snack Bar
Extra eyes and ears
First Aid kit
Towel or Mat
Clothes pins or stapler
Camera
Silicone Cloths

Tool box
Cleaning kit

Ammo
Guns

I don't take any spotting scopes, stands, or sand bags, the range supplies them.

I hate being at the range and not having what I need or want.

I'm thinking of getting one of those carts to pack everything onto.

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
When i go to the range, I usually have about 20 guns with me, so I load the following into the back of my car:

- About 10 to 15 Pelican Cases with Guns
- 6000 to 8000 rounds of Ammo, also in Peli Cases
- Adjustable Tripod for Sandbag-like use
- Ear and Eye Protection
- Various Scopes, Reddots and other Aiming Aids, all together in 2 Peli Cases
- 1 Peli Case with all possible tools and Equippment to clean and repair my Guns
- 1 Small Peli with Spare Parts

I don't have to worry, that the car may be stolen, or someone tries to steal my guns, as the range I use, is the Police Training range, and usually, noone is that stupid ;-)

Oh, and better don't ask what Car I have, it's huge :p

·
Registered
5 Posts

Okayyy...my bag setup is a bit smaller.

1-2 guns
200-300 round of ammo
some spare magazines
ear and eye protection
some paper targets
Maxped. bag

·
Registered
36 Posts
What I use depends on where I'm going and what I'm shooting.

For local indoor range just shooting pistols I've got a shoulder strapped laptop bag. Nice and discreet. Holds 400 rounds, two pistols, small assortment of cleaning and maintenance bits, muffs, misc.

I've recently picked up a Maxpedition Condor II for outdoor shooting where walking around with the load is involved. I've loaded it out with things that wouldn't be used indoors and just add the particular firearms related objects as needed. I probably had 30-35lbs of stuff in there yesterday and it was still very comfortable when being worn.

If I'm bringing along a rifle it'll usually go in a soft case and I've got an MTM Muzzleloader box dedicated to each rifle caliber so I'll bring that. It has ammo, mags and firearm specific tools and misc.

As I get involved in different types of shooting events and acquire different types of firearms I've found my bring along needs change a little but the basics stay the same. Hoping my current setup has me covered for a while as purchasing more gear takes away from ammo funds. :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a backpack I keep tape, ears, eyes, targets, water, snack, asprin, clothes pins, cloths, stapler, staples, small hammer, nails, and some gun oil. If I'm going some place far away I have my tool box with cleaning supplies, rods, brushes, oils, cleaners, grease, patches, small gunsmith screwdriver set with bits, anything extra that goes with the weapon, locks, and emergency kit. Plus you add guns and ammo. Takes me three trips get everything loaded on a good day! 8) I don't have any optics on my weapons and I don't have sandbags. 75 yards is the farthest I go out. Most everything I have is pistol calibers or carbine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a Galati range bag.

I have it packed with:

staplegun, staples, targets, ammo, ears, glasses, first aid kit, gun screw-driver kit, sand bags, cleaning kit, binocs, spotter tripod, magazines, digital camera...

I also take a spotting scope and usually snacks/drinks...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Bulldog range bag, got it loaded with:

eyes/ears
first aid kit
ammo/mags
cleaning rod
Hoppes oil & solvent
patches
multitool
UpLula speed loader
tape
targets
whatever the snak of the day is
oh, and the glock

·
Registered
178 Posts
Generic olive drab satchel with
ammo for whatever guns I'm taking with me
Pen
Cheapo watch (got put there during a range trip and has just stayed)
2 pairs of eyes

Then I have 2 MOLLE deployment bags, one for each pistol loaded with
Pistol (XD9 or Kimber TacPro II)
mags
extra ear plugs

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am in the middle of trying to find the range bag setup that fits me.

Right now I have 2 bags, a number of firearms, and a few hard cases for rifles. See I like to train on everything. Which is a very expensive habit of mine.

Right now I'm waiting on a new range bag, which I will be testing out. I hope to condense things down to a single 40 or 50 lbs bag.

FM

·
Registered
212 Posts
Guns go in cases, my range bag is actually a diaper bag I stole from teh wife after the kids grew up some... good heavy duty canvas, holds TONS, lots of pockets, etc. in it for doo-dads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts