FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handguns are lying on the top shelf. Going to need on of those stands like ship has soon.
I left it on the shipping pallet because i read that you shouldn't have it sitting directly on cement + if my basement floods it should help keep the safe dry. I am not worried about someone taking the safe, it's too heavy (I must have 500 lbs of ammo in there) and it's in the back of the basement.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Nice safe. I like how the PS90 still sits up in the barrel rack. I can't raise the level of my rifle section like that - so my PS90 just leans to the side.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice safe, don't have one myself. When I bought my house, got a steel security door for the closet in the guest room.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShipWreck said:
Nice safe. I like how the PS90 still sits up in the barrel rack. I can't raise the level of my rifle section like that - so my PS90 just leans to the side.
It's set up for shelves on either side incase you don't have long guns, so i used and extra shelf to raise the rifles, they are all carbines so they are shorter in lengh and the shelf really helps

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Duh - It just occurred to me - I could do that too... Oh well.. I have all of my shelved set up for the ammo - so, I can't spare one to do that now...

I've got about 5k of ammo in mine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had just bought a new safe from Buds about 4 months ago.

The day after Christmas, I got a call while on vacation in Wisconsin. Someone had kicked in my front door and robbed us.

THANK GOD I had the safe. It saved my ass.

My safe is crammed full of firearms and other valuables. I don't store ammo in it.

Best investment I've made in a LONG time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice safe! Now you need to fill it up :?

On a side note, I REALLY need to invest in a bigger safe. How do you like yours? That's really not a bad price at all for a decent 24 gun safe.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
itstock said:
Nice safe! Now you need to fill it up :?

On a side note, I REALLY need to invest in a bigger safe. How do you like yours? That's really not a bad price at all for a decent 24 gun safe.
I like the safe, but the interior quality is poor. I have it in the back of the basement and it's not really a show piece so i could care less.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ShipWreck said:
Duh - It just occurred to me - I could do that too... Oh well.. I have all of my shelved set up for the ammo - so, I can't spare one to do that now...
Ship, just cut a piece of plywood and get some extra shelf clips at home depot - that should do the trick.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Maybe so. Since I have that shelf for the second rack on top of where the PS90 is, I don't know if I want to do that. It would be harder to pull it out without banging the barrel. But good idea...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ShipWreck said:
Maybe so. Since I have that shelf for the second rack on top of where the PS90 is, I don't know if I want to do that. It would be harder to pull it out without banging the barrel. But good idea...
You have so much room on the shelf above the handguns, can't you move that higher up like i did? If you look closely at my image, you can see how high the shelf bracket goes in the back right corner.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
No - that is as high as that part goes. It will not go higher.

There is a kit available to stack those racks I have - but I have never seen a picture of it - It's just listed in the catelog.

Anyway - I'm good.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you should be able to buy some of the metal shelf supports to match the ones that are in there already, cut them to length and install them your self. Should be very simple

That's just too much wasted space

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, when I fill those pistol racks, I was going to try one of those stacking kits. Hopefully I can see what they look like at some point. For now, I am good space wise...

Thanks for the info, though.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
How difficult is it to move those safes around? Do you have to use a heavy duty hand-truck and a few neighbors to do it? I also assume you need a concrete floor to support the weight?

·
Registered
520 Posts
heavy duty hand truck- hell yes. most professional movers have a mechanized dolly they use.

concrete floor- not necessarily. i had my safe (800+ pounds) on a wood floor for several years before moving it to the garage and it did fine.

be sure to place it on a loadbearing wall in a corner! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts