FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got my SCAR 16 and 17 SBR stamps a few weeks ago. I printed them out and stuffed them in the safe. That was going to be pretty much it for the foreseeable future. I had floated the idea of getting the barrels to my wife...what she said was shockingly crude, and honestly, physically impossible. But it was expected. Life goes that way sometimes. But sometimes it goes the other way too. On Wednesday, she asked about the barrels, furrowed her brow, shrugged and said "What the hell?"
To which I answered, "Hell YES!"
So wheels were put into motion, orders were placed, and UPS trucks took to the streets. Things happened, man. And this AM the man in the brown suit brought me my barrels. I thanked him with a gift of a live chicken, which is the custom of my people.

Many thanks to Midwest Gun Works for the super-fast service. Those cats are the true Kings of Funkytown.

Here they are:

(continued next post)

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Nice!!! :shock:

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
And here's the finished product:

These are the salad days, folks.
need some suppressors on them things Scott. :biggrin: they look awesome good job man!

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
need some suppressors on them things Scott. :biggrin: they look awesome good job man!
Yeah I know. I have three pistol cans pending...but dragged my heels on the rifle suppressors. For now they'll have to wait. I've been going fast and hard lately. Now I need to take some time to let my wallet heal.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Yeah I know. I have three pistol cans pending...but dragged my heels on the rifle suppressors. For now they'll have to wait. I've been going fast and hard lately. Now I need to take some time to let my wallet heal.
Beat that wallet like a red headed step child! It's used to it :-D!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say, as happy as I am now, earlier I was foaming at the mouth and gnashing my teeth. One of the barrel extension screws on the 16 wouldn't budge. The other five were very accommodating. But that one little f****r almost ruined my groove. I finally attacked it with a fresh Torx bit, a driver and a big-ass pair of pliers around the driver. It gave in after a little grunting. I relish small victories.

But now that everything is duded up like Porter Wagoner, all is good.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They both look awesome man.

I'm working on a m92 sbr that when finished should cost less than a 13" barrel and stamp for my 17, but if the government see's fit to give me back a little bit of my hard earned money I think the 17 will be getting sbr'd next!

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:smile:Those look Pretty Damn! Nice! Scott::!!!:: But I would have bought the green gun first!:lol:
Some day the "green gun" will be mine. Lester. I'm just biding my time. I have the patience of a spider.*

*I don't, really. I hardly have any patience at all, actually. :lol:

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Super sweet. But hey, this old song and dance about how broke you are after each new gun and the all ramen noodle diet you are embarking on and moths flying out of your billfold are beginning to sound just a bit too contrived. I'm beginning to think you are either a closet millionaire, drug cartel kingpin, or have made a deal with the devil.:icon_think: I'm starting to think you're as rich as Lester.:-D

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm beginning to think you are either a closet millionaire, drug cartel kingpin, or have made a deal with the devil.:icon_think: I'm starting to think you're as rich as Lester.:-D
One of your suppositions is correct. I'll leave it to the imagination as to which one.

Plus, if I was Lester rich, I'd have the whole SCAR color and barrel length rainbow...not just black.:wink:

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Super sweet. But hey, this old song and dance about how broke you are after each new gun and the all ramen noodle diet you are embarking on and moths flying out of your billfold are beginning to sound just a bit too contrived. I'm beginning to think you are either a closet millionaire, drug cartel kingpin, or have made a deal with the devil.:icon_think: I'm starting to think you're as rich as Lester.:-D
well one of the power ball winners from texas lol lol

congrats ak looks great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts