FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted the Noveske QD Flush Mount in the butt stock to look as factory as possible and at the same time be perfectly functional without having to take my Blue Force Vickers sling off ” IF” I folded the stock while it was still attached. Lots of thought, measurements, and pre-planning went into a part that you would think would be no big deal to put on, but again I wanted it to be as if the factory placed there. I wanted it as high as possible to take advantage of the strong factory sling point, while not having to alter too many parts.

Final finish product has the Noveske locknut slightly altered by having it and the stock adjustment button precision ground as to clear each other by about .005”. I made a solid 12L14 bar stock spacer just the correctly measured diameter and thickness needed to keep the Mount recessed below the height of the butt pad but high enough to have the sling swivel clear the butt pad. I blackened it and then fitted it to just slightly clear the threads of the mount. I wanted a tight fit of the part to the butt stock so after measuring the depth of the threads and total bottom thread diameter, I threaded the machined in hole in the stock and timed the threads since the mount is a controlled rotation QD mount and I wanted things to line up when the sling was attached in the 9 to 3 Oclock position. The Mount screwed into the stock tightly. (it fits so well you almost don’t need the locknut behind it. ) The locknut itself is square and its top flat perfectly mates to the factory stocks top plastic reinforcement area.
Anyway – that’s my long winded explanation of my QD Butt Stock mount for my SCAR. (Being a LH shooter, I’ve learned to make what I need or want because it’s probably not available to purchase.)
Tell me what ya’ think.
Good shooting to you my friends!

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of turning one down a bit as to place one on the other side. If it works and looks good, I'll that this one off and turn down the outer diam. so they both match. :smile:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lefty did you see what I have coming out soon........ View attachment 26131
No drilling required!
~Jarod.
I seen that Jarod, Very Nice! But I'm curious, have you ran the stress analysis calculations on the affect of running a low QD mount than far down on the toe of the butt stock away from the inline back structure of the stock extension on let's say a 12.6 pound rifle? Lot's of mechanical leverage the farther down the butt stock you go.
I see that it looks as though you can detach and move them to be on opposite side of each other on the heel of the butt, and not just both on one side. Now that's cool!! Very nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts