FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from my SOT yesterday telling me that my stamp had arrived. I was so happy that it made me forget the wait. Check cashed 4/13, they wouldn't tell me when I went pending. So from start to finish looking at just under 12 months. Individual with CLEO signature.

If you thinking about a silencer, look at the surefire socoms. I got the SB model. This thing feels like a tank, especially compared to my Gemtech G5. Nothing wrong with my G5, but the surefire appears to be ready for anything. I had a conjugal visit a while ago and had the chance to compare it to a few others. Was side by side without ears on, compared with AAC m4000, ops inc (not sure which), Gemtech Halo. All seemed the same in terms of volume. I know it's not hearing safe. The ops inc and the surefire seemed maybe a little deeper, not quite as high pitched. Really not a noticeable difference in any. I was glad because the SB model has a slightly larger diameter bore to help prevent baffle strikes. I was afraid that it would make it louder. Mounting system is not as convenient as G5, but it is supposed to avoid the carbon fouling that makes my Gemtech freeze to the mount.

I'll try to get some pics up later.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had a conjugal visit a while ago...
Excellent turn of phrase.

I put a little dab of grease on my FH just prior to shooting with my Halo. It doesn't burn off like liquid lubes, making it easier to remove.

Reactions: six-n-twins

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Happy Trails.... always a BIG day, especially if it is your 1st 1 ?
Hate to admit, I would love to can everything, unlike you ... I have not forgot the wait, hope the " less " carbon fouling works out for you !
I think I will go shoot my can today, the sun is actually out here in MI.... now if we could do something about the temperature ?
Congrad's....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts