FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my PS90 to the range for the first time today. Put a couple hundred rounds downrange before coming home. When cleaning it up, I noticed the stock is coming apart where the mag inserts. It is a small amount, but enough that the "tongue and groove" has separated on the rear side and the barrel release "square" is visibly "loose."

The only odd issue I had was the mag popped out a couple of times when shooting. Interestingly, the area just behind the mag is really rough...I wasn't slamming the mag down. I'll see about getting some pics up.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I haven't experienced that w/either of my PS90's, have you tried tightening the bolts that hold the stock together?
Tomac

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went over them all and they are snug. I would expect the seam to be uniform and tight all around the rifle. Going to get in touch with FN on Monday.

I don't know if it was prior to shooting, honestly didn't notice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I pull the mag out and look at the rear seam, the "tongue-and-groove" does not sit together unless I pinch it. I'm not 100 percent it wasn't like this before. If the flex wasn't there, I wouldn't care. Almost like it stretched out a bit.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My PS90s and the stocks I've worked on have all had this 'problem'. Usually it looks like the tongue is just barely in the grove and that whole rim has ugly imperfections in the plastic.

Your mag popping out has to do with the mag release. Unless the barrel group isn't locked in, the mag release, alone, is responsible for holding the mag in place. The stock halves could be very lose and the mag release would still do its job.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Thanks for the input guys.

My wife says I'm OCD...she might be right :p. I'll ask FN for ****s and giggles on Monday.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine is new, and also is "rough" around the mag well.
The seam is not perfect either.
But it seems tight, and I suspect it's "normal"...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Turbozag said:
Mine is new, and also is "rough" around the mag well.
The seam is not perfect either.
But it seems tight, and I suspect it's "normal"...
That is kind of my opinion - hence my initial response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts