FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats on the awesome setup! :welldoneif4:

I can only hope that someday Minnesota joins just about every other reasonable state and allows suppressors! On the up side, not being able to own or purchase one has saved me a lot of money with different firearms. I can't imagine what type of creative financing I'd have to come up with if all the sudden I was able to start the process! ...I'll dream big for now!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats and when did you submit your paperwork?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats!

Did you do it as individual or trust?

My first suppressor was sent in August 5th, Check cashed August 27th, approved April 18th.
My second one was sent September 4th, Check cashed September 20th. Still waiting. I'm expecting it any day now.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats!

Did you do it as individual or trust?

My first suppressor was sent in August 5th, Check cashed August 27th, approved April 18th.
My second one was sent September 4th, Check cashed September 20th. Still waiting. I'm expecting it any day now.
Did it as a trust. No reason to deal with local LEOs and it's just plain easier.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So went to an outdoor area today and got to shoot some rounds through the new suppressor, it worked great. I did exactly what Zak at Thunderbeast said. I screwed the can down and used the factory jam nut as a false barrel shoulder, worked great. Checked down the barrel to confirm that I wasn't going to get a baffle strike and had some fun. Ran about 30 rounds through it, did hear the ping I've heard about. All I had to shoot was 147gr FMJ surplus so it was still a bit noisy but way less than without. Can't wait to load up some subs for it although I'd use those mainly with my Encore and bolt rifles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts