FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning if there was a good reason as to "why I was stashing empty magazine boxes in the tubs with the christmas decor down in the basement?" Before I answered her, I did have to ask a question of my own. "Honey, why are you digging through the tubs of Christmas decor in May?" Her response, "you forgot to put the elf on the shelf away in a tub last December and I didn't want the kids to find it." At this point I figured fair enough and provided what I thought was a suitable answer, "there was room in the tub so I just threw the empty mag boxes in the tub." Which prompted her to ask, "how many magazines do you have for your guns?" Uh oh, I thought.....I am not falling for this at 7:15am on Saturday morning so I just said, " a couple per weapon." That seemed to satisfy her curiosity but she did ask me to "please stop hoarding empty magazine boxes and to throw them away."

Well, this is the bag from empty boxes down in the basement. I just hope she doesn't find the other 2 tubs in the guest closet packed full with empty magazine boxes:)
View attachment 27136

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Man, and I thought I was a hoarder. My empty boxes go right in the recycling bin. Let them go, BBG. Let them go.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
I hope she doesn't find the empty gun boxes. Those will be a bit more difficult to explain... at the rate you're going you may want to invest in a storage unit. :-D pay cash.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking BBG needs to build a man fort in the back yard.
Yeah. Maybe underground. I'm thinking it will look something like this.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
this morning if there was a good reason as to "why I was stashing empty magazine boxes in the tubs with the christmas decor down in the basement?" Before I answered her, I did have to ask a question of my own. "Honey, why are you digging through the tubs of Christmas decor in May?" Her response, "you forgot to put the elf on the shelf away in a tub last December and I didn't want the kids to find it." At this point I figured fair enough and provided what I thought was a suitable answer, "there was room in the tub so I just threw the empty mag boxes in the tub." Which prompted her to ask, "how many magazines do you have for your guns?" Uh oh, I thought.....I am not falling for this at 7:15am on Saturday morning so I just said, " a couple per weapon." That seemed to satisfy her curiosity but she did ask me to "please stop hoarding empty magazine boxes and to throw them away."

Well, this is the bag from empty boxes down in the basement. I just hope she doesn't find the other 2 tubs in the guest closet packed full with empty magazine boxes:)
View attachment 27136
Got my vote for Photo of the Month for May!!

But you have to let go brother, they're just empty boxes now... :?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thank you for making me laugh so hard! It's a situation that's so true.....Made me rethink where I stick all my ammo. Right now it's in the towel closet hidden in boxes that held reams of copy paper.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
:-D

I don't think I've kept a single box or bag that any mags I've gotten have come in. I think we need to set up an intervention BBG. Possibly with some tannerite and all the mag boxes strapped around them. Then you can set it off and break your hording disease (okay, so we may be feeding your blowing stuff up disease, but that one is more fun :mrgreen:)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

View attachment 27136
BigBuckeyGuy, how could someone get to your point as a gun enthusiast and be so tactically unprepared?: you have to have a pre-fab exit strategy in case any such discussion ever arises.

I, for instance, learned the best day spa in the entire area. I have bought four (premium*) day passes for it and pre-positioned them around the house. If any such discussion starts, I just surprise her with a day pass as if I was about to give it to her anyway and she can't remember what the heck we were talking about.

-Signed a Man with multiple SCARs, just about every "carbon" line bow Hoyt has ever made, a custom made wood fire grill from Texas, a massive humidor, a large collection of rare Islay single malts, etc. etc. etc.

*I don't know what premium means. I don't know what goes on in day spas. (For anyone thinking about replying to enlighten me: I don't really want to know what goes on in day spas.) I just ask for the premium day pass package. You only get one shot at your exit strategy.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
BigBuckeyGuy, how could someone get to your point as a gun enthusiast and be so tactically unprepared?: you have to have a pre-fab exit strategy in case any such discussion ever arises.

I, for instance, learned the best day spa in the entire area. I have bought four (premium*) day passes for it and pre-positioned them around the house. If any such discussion starts, I just surprise her with a day pass as if I was about to give it to her anyway and she can't remember what the heck we were talking about.

-Signed a Man with multiple SCARs, just about every "carbon" line bow Hoyt has ever made, a custom made wood fire grill from Texas, a massive humidor, a large collection of rare Islay single malts, etc. etc. etc.

*I don't know what premium means. I don't know what goes on in day spas. (For anyone thinking about replying to enlighten me: I don't really want to know what goes on in day spas.) I just ask for the premium day pass package. You only get one shot at your exit strategy.
Unprepared?? Ask him about the Atlantis trip and why he went. Sorry BBG ;)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I stashed mine at my man cave. Then one day the wife was snooping around and opened a kitchen cabinet stuffed with 40 pmags still in the wrappers, they of course fell out and she made a fuss. Why do you need so many guns, why do you have so many magazines, blah blah blah, nag nag nag. "Because they don't ever go out of style or make my ass look fat!" Got to spend a week alone at the mancave as a reward.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts