FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my PS90 from the receiving FFL this evening! What a neat little gun! I'm glad I have it... I'm going to hit the range either Saturday or Sunday to run a few mags through her. The sight on it is a BSA dot sight I got from Midway for $30 as a temporary sight until I get the C-More from FN. I'm going to fax in the stuff tomorrow for the sight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, this thing is sweet! The BSA sight I got is actually pretty nice. I think it's hard to beat at $30!

The trigger pull is really NOT BAD at all. Yeah, there's some travel, but it's not heavy in the least.

I just also figured out the little doohickey in the ejection port that can lock the bolt back. Pretty neat! I've also completely field stripped just to see how to do it. This is probably the EASIEST weapon to field strip... EVAR. My CX4 Storm is easy, but this thing is a degree easier.

I also already converted the 30 round mag to 50... It was laughably easy with the conversion plate I got from CMMG with my ammo and other mags. I also put the FN three point sling on it. Kinda tricky figuring out how it goes, and I've used three point slings before! I do wish they put a buckle on the rear attachment, so it would be more easy to remove. I can modify that easily, tho. The front attachment clips around the barrel, so that end comes off uber easily.

This weekend we go to the range! I'll post a report!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes - go to the "Product Review" section and read the "Velcro" review for more info, if U don't know what we are talking about....

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Congrats! No one told you about having to buy them in pairs? :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pairs? Not on my salary!!

RANGE REPORT!!!!

I hit the range today, since it's SO nice here. I only shot at 25 yards, just to familiarize myself with the gun, and get the dot sight adjusted properly. The gun functioned 100%. The trigger really is not bad at all, I don't think I'd do anything to it. All three of my magazines fed fine.

After getting the dot sight adjusted properly, if I was steady enough, I could easily get a shot into the 1" center of the target I was using.

As an aside, my buddy went with, taking his 11.5" AR with a suppressor and a mini ACOG. I gotta say, I REALLY like that ACOG. It's easier to pick up the dot than the sight I have on my PS90. Not sure I want to pony up that much... so I think I may end up selling the C-More when I get it, and get an Aimpoint, or maybe a S.P.O.T. Mk III to save a few bucks.

All in all, I love the PS90! My buddy wants to get one now... and I keep pushing him toward it, since we could split a case of ammo now and again. We both want to eventually SBR and suppress 'em, so we'd also look into loading some 62gr pills at subsonic speeds for that purpose.
:? :?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Glad U like the gun so much.

Ya may wanna check out the Eotech - the I prefer it to the ACOG, personally...

Get ya a sling and some more mags now :?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the FN three point sling, just didn't need it at the range. One thing I don't like about it is the buttstock attachment doesn't have a buckle to detach the sling and leave the buttstock part on the gun. I'll probably rig something up. The front end has a deal that goes over the barrel and clips into the groove. That end is easy to take off.

I've got three mags now, I'd like to get one more soon. What I need is a way to carry the magazines for the carbine matches TexasTactical puts on. I think the Vest Guy here has a nice drop-leg pouch for two mags, which would be perfect. I have one for AR mags, and I like it a lot (though not from VestGuy).

As for the sights... I'd like to check out an Eotech firsthand and see if it's something I'd like. The problem I guess I have with the dot sight that I have is getting my eye centered behind it to get the dot close to the center. I know it's not UBER important, but it allows for the best sight picture. A tube type dot sight is easier for the eye to center behind. I think maybe a SPOT MkIII would be worth a try, because they're not too expensive, yet they can take a beating and keep ticking! (a guy on ARFCOM did a serous torture test on one, and it survived)

Anyway, I love the gun! I'm sure I will have a LOT of fun with it! My buddy is going to see about getting one, too!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
U should get the Urban ERT sling. It has the buckle on the rear, like U want. And, it attaches to the receiver instead of the barrel.

Be aware that when you actually shoot the gun, U don't want any weight on that barrel - so, keep that in mind when you use that FN sling.

As for the Eotech and some red dot sights - be aware that as you move your head, the dot can move. But, it doesn't matter. Whereever you put the dot, it will still hit the target, even if it appears if the dot is moving to you inside the scope.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts