FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
Last year while travelling through North Carolina, I was introduced to a holster made by a company called N82 Tactical. At the time, the gunshop that I was visiting did not have a FNX model in stock, but they did have several other models. Several of the workers and a few of the other customers swore that they were the best holsters that they had for concealed carry. I was a little skeptical, but I took a card and almost forgot about them until a month ago. My nephew graduated from the police academy in NC and while there, a few of the cops were carrying them with Glocks. They also praised the holsters for their ease of wear, so I decided to pick one up. The shop that they recommended in Durham, unfortunately, was out of stock.
When I got home, I ordered these two holsters, and a few days later they were on my doorstep. The holsters come with a suede backing for comfort and perspiration separation to protect your firearm. They are made for IWB carry and after lugging each around for a week here in Georgia in 80+ degree weather, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed. I am by no means the biggest guy around (5'9", 190lbs) but I was able to wear and conceal both my FNX45T and my Walther PPQ very well. I took both holsters to S. Georgia this weekend with the temperatures hovering near 90 and high humidity. Again, I was impressed with how well they carried.

IMG_0001_zps9a99d846.jpg FNX45T IMG_0002-Copy_zps80185c30.jpg Backing with FNX45T holstered
IMG_0003-Copy_zpse5fd451f.jpg
IMG_0004_zps3e9cd04f.jpg Walther PPQ M-2 Navy Holstered IMG_0005_zps2a438559.jpg

The lower pictured Walther holster requires a slight twist for removal but draws easily. The FNX holster has an elastic like "cuff" and a straight draw action is fine.

Pros: Comfortable as hell!
Keeps sweat away from my guns and provides padding. I was able to comfortably wear both holsters in my truck on short drives with minor adjustments.
Price. Neither are wallet breakers. The Original Tuckable model for the FNX cost $60 and the Walther Pro model $70. Shipping was $9.50 for both.
FNX model fits my FXN 40 also!

Cons: Since I carry chambered, my only concern with the FNX is with the hammer cocked (I carried it decocked with the safety on).
FNX model has a fixed cant
FNX model not available in the Professional model....yet. (I have requested it).
I would also like to see a model that protected my rmr on the front side.

I am in no way affiliated with this company, just passing along information and personal experience with this product.

N82 Tactical website:
https://www.n82tactical.com/index.php

·
Registered
551 Posts
Since you have their holster, you might be able to answer my question. I carry the Ruger SR40C and would be interested in their Pro Holster for my particular carry.
I have some mobility issues, and i carry regularly at 1:30-2:00. On good days I can do 3:00 (that's about 65% of the time;Good days). would you recommend the N82 Pro for AIWB carry. I understand that to release the retention, you need to twist inward a bit. I think i would have no problem practicing that. The Holster looks super comfortable.

3Speed 4-6-2014.jpg this is my 3Speed Holster and is what I use 90% of the time

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you have their holster, you might be able to answer my question. I carry the Ruger SR40C and would be interested in their Pro Holster for my particular carry.
I have some mobility issues, and i carry regularly at 1:30-2:00. On good days I can do 3:00 (that's about 65% of the time;Good days). would you recommend the N82 Pro for AIWB carry. I understand that to release the retention, you need to twist inward a bit. I think i would have no problem practicing that. The Holster looks super comfortable.

View attachment 27606 this is my 3Speed Holster and is what I use 90% of the time
I think you could carry comfortably in that position. The release is not very hard at all. It's more like pushing the butt in and pull up. I mastered it fairly quick. Give them a try. I think you will be pleased with the comfort and quality.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have a couple of these holsters for my various handguns. I will comment that for the $$ these things are amazing. Simple, effective, and well made.

~~I'm not sure if this is directly related to the FX with the hammer in the cocked position, but I carry my P07 in one of these with the hammer cocked. It has never been an issue for me, and I don't think it will be for you either. When it comes time to take the weapon out and store it I simply just decock the hammer before removing either or both. (if that doesn't make sense let me know and I can reword/clarify later when I get home from work)

Reactions: Sentra52
1 - 5 of 5 Posts