FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun

I've had this sitting in the safe for years. I think it's time to stop looking at it and to start shooting it. It was my grandfather's, a National Ordnance that I guess to be manufactured around 1968 from what I have researched. Also during research I have learned that it's not worth much collecting wise so I figure I'll use it as a fun range rifle. I've shot it a handful of time and it'll fire fine, just has the occasional FTE that I figured to be the cheap surplus rounds, but I've never torn it down and done a deep clean on it, so could be a combo of the two. As you can see from the picture the wood is in pretty good condition, just a few superficial scratches here and there. But I think I'd like to get a synthetic stock for it, maybe even a folder. UltiMak makes a pretty sweet looking one. They also make scope mounts. I've seen some M1s on YouTube running synthetic stocks with red dots and they look pretty awesome. New age touch to an older rifle.

Gun Rifle Air gun Shotgun Trigger

This is the 1903A3. It's also been collecting dust in the safe. It could use some gunsmithing as the barrel sits crooked in the stock (offset to the left a few degrees) which I hope to be fixable. But other that than it's also in pretty good condition. The wood is beautiful on it. Along with the M1 it's a National Ordnance that doesn't hold much collector value so I plan on mounting a scope to it and using it for hunting/long range targeting. I still need to research what kind of mounts I would need for it. Kinda just been waiting to take it in to get looked at before ordering anything for it. I'd imagine it would be challenging to sight in a scope with the barrel being crooked in the stock.

Anyhoo, if y'all have any suggestion or recommendations for them I'm all ears!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those are some nice firearms you have there. Just my opinion take it or leave it but I think you should forget the crooked stock and find you self a ww2 era stock and bring her back to her past glory.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are some nice firearms you have there. Just my opinion take it or leave it but I think you should forget the crooked stock and find you self a ww2 era stock and bring her back to her past glory.
I'm not opposed to that, just don't know if I want to spent the ~$200 on a replica stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts