FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Looking to get a sling for my SCAR 17. I know it's a little unusual to make this kind of request, but can anyone recommend a good sling for a skinnier person? Slings i've used in the past have resulted in the rifle hanging way too low, even when it was adjusted as short as possible. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Reactions: roaddog359

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am skinny and also have the requirement that the rife needs to be cinched tight to me for climbing ladders. Have found a couple options- the Blue Force VTAC seems like the popular one, but for whatever reason I just dont like that sling. I do like the Urban ERT sling a lot but mine didnt cinch tight. If you contact them, they will tell you how to take a measurement (I can actually forward you the email if you PM me) that you can give them, and they will make a sling that will fit you that can be done up tight. Right now I am experimenting with an Ares Armor- Huskey MKII sling which fit me out of the box, can be cinched up tight, and unlike the other 2 I mentioned- doesn't have a long dangly tag line when adjusted up tight. So far it seems like the best option but admittedly I dont have any real range and field time with that one yet to say one way or another. I would have no problem recommending the Urban cut to your size and suspect the Huskey will be GTG as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just got one from Spectre Gear that should adjust to your needs very well. Roughly $45.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts