FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've saved enough to get my scope but now I'm stuck between getting the vortex ffp 2.5-10x32 or sfp 2.5-10x44. I wanted to keep saving to get the nightforce but I have read good reviews threw the searches on the forum. Is it worth the extra coin to get the ffp or should I just go with the sfp? The range I go to goes out to 300 yards and I will also be hunting with the scar. Thanks for the push in either direction and sorry for another optics question.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went with the 2.5-10x44. FFP would be nice but the 32mm scope is actually .8in longer and only 1oz lighter than the 44mm. Shorter, about the same weight, better exit pupil/FOV, that's why I chose the 44mm.

·
Registered
230 Posts
These two videos explain the differences between the FFP and SFP so you can make a decision based on your type of shooting.

Hope these help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My SCAR in not a dedicated DMR rifle, if so I would put my PST 4-16x50mm FFP on it. When you need to use the mil reticle for ranging I'm pretty sure I would have the power on 10 so FFP was not necessary. Low magnification/ wide FOV is what I wanted for my SCAR, past 300 yards where you need to range things 10 power doesn't seem like much. FFP would be nice for moving target leads but under 300 Kentucky Windage works fine. Past that it would be cranked up to 10. If I was going for a DMR rig FFP and higher magnification would be in order. If the 32mm scope was smaller than the 44mm I might have gone that route. Bigger FOV on low power with the 44mm.

Just my opinion. You don't need to agree with it, just explaining my reasoning. Make your own decisions based on your mission requirements.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Front focal plane should read FIRST focal plane.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
FFP is great, as the reticle size adjusts with the size of the target as you zoom. Don't need to think about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up ordering the ffp. I the guy I shoot with swears that once I shoot ffp I wont want to go back to sfp. He suggested that i get the 4-16 but i think that would be to much glass on the 17 because the range only goes out to 300 yrds. I think 2.5 to 10 is a good fit, will know for sure later this week when it comes in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts