FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FN Fiveseven IOM model that I would love to find out a bit more about. First off I am somewhat confused on how FN serial numbers run. So advice on what good numbers are would be helpful. Also the particular model that I have came with 1 20 round magazine and 2 10 round magazines. I was advised that the 2 10 round mag versions were the early release models. I have no clue and was curious to know if anyone here had more knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
First a photo would help.

IOM serial numbers start with #1. They continue in order and carried over into the USG model.

The IOM did not ship with any 20 round mags, only 10 rounders.

There was less than 4700 IOM's made.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Looks good. The only problem would be that 20 round mag, and I can't tell if you have the FN Officer letter and stamped envelope.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the letter unfortunately no envelope and all the other items that came with the gun RE: red slips (warning on what type of mags),Pink slip (Dear distributors and dealers) sight adjustment tool, lock, fired round dated 05/07/04 is the model correct though and again the numbers on the gun there are the first 4 then a zero then another 4 numbers. I am assuming the first 4 is what number the gun was in the manufacturing correct? Thanks so much for all your help.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
The first set of numbers are the model number, the last numbers will tell you where in the 4700 production run your pistol places.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much my number is close to the last one produced out of the 4700. I hate to ask but did they come with 3 mags total or just 2? I also own the USG OD GREEN and the USG FDE. You have been very helpful thanks.. Any idea of value?

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
The IOM shipped with three 10 round mags.

Reactions: 5seven

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Hard to place a value based on a photo. It depends on the serial number, if it's complete as shipped from the factory, condition (unfired is always better).

Reactions: 5seven

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has had 4 boxes 200 rnds fired through it. Just trying to get a baseline on approx value. Gun is truly in mint shape!

·
Registered
259 Posts
It would be very hard to place a value on it.
Why exactly do you want a value on it ?
Do you plan on selling it ? If so put it up for sale and see what offers you get.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks standpipe. No interest in selling it at this time. Just thought someone on here would have a better idea than looking at gunbroker or some other site where I have seen them go for as much as $2600. I am sure that's too high of a price and just wanted a good baseline of proper value.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
If you will take a close look on Gunbroker some of what they are calling IOM's are not IOM's at all.

A couple of days ago there were a couple of USG's being called IOM with an IOM price tag. :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts