FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching like crazy but haven't had much luck finding a "good" deal on these scopes. I am not LEO or Military anymore. If anyone knows of a store or shop with a good deal. Thanks for any help. Also it seems like after the 1st of February everyone went up a few hundred dollars on these scopes.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Pretty sure dealers are help to a map pricing. Euro optic has great prices. Swfa does as well. Scratch that. Swfa doesn't carry nightforce. Euro optic has the best selection of NF glass that I know of. They also have the option to pick up the scopes without zero stop which will save you cash as well.

·
Administrator
11,398 Posts
I would call euro optic and see if they have any DEMO scopes. You can usually save a couple of hundred on a demo scope if they have one for sale. There DEMO scopes are just removed from the box for viewing. They have never been mounted so it is almost BNIB.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I've been to those sites. The Mil-R reticle is around $1900 and up. I was hoping to find this reticle style a bit cheaper. Looks like indeed they are held to a certain price line. Oh well the search continues for now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I've been to those sites. The Mil-R reticle is around $1900 and up. I was hoping to find this reticle style a bit cheaper. Looks like indeed they are held to a certain price line. Oh well the search continues for now.
I'm still just a beginner so maybe I'm not understanding what you want, but Optics planet has MIL/MIL-R for $1692.

·
Registered
100 Posts
American Infidel, most prices are going to be the same I have scanned, looks like NF is tuff and strict on the MAP. Just get the model number in which you choose. Reticle and options zerostop, illumination etc... Euro Optics or Amazon. I like the back up of Amazon just saying.

·
Administrator
11,398 Posts
I'm still just a beginner so maybe I'm not understanding what you want, but Optics planet has MIL/MIL-R for $1692.
Usually the SFP (Second Focal Plane) scopes are a couple of hundred cheaper than the FFP (First Focal Plane) scopes. They are identical except for whether the reticule will "grow" (FFP) as the magnification increases or not.

Another place you might want to try is Primary Arms LLC. I picked up my Vortex PST FFP 6X24X50 MRad/MRad during the Christmas sale for 15% off of MSRP. I was able to get it for $800 instead of the $949 that everyone else was trying to get for it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Usually the SFP (Second Focal Plane) scopes are a couple of hundred cheaper than the FFP (First Focal Plane) scopes. They are identical except for whether the reticule will "grow" (FFP) as the magnification increases or not.

Another place you might want to try is Primary Arms LLC. I picked up my Vortex PST FFP 6X24X50 MRad/MRad during the Christmas sale for 15% off of MSRP. I was able to get it for $800 instead of the $949 that everyone else was trying to get for it.

All sold out. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Does NF offer SFP and FFP in the scopes he listed?

·
Administrator
11,398 Posts
Does NF offer SFP and FFP in the scopes he listed?
According to this, the 2.5X10X42 is a SFP scope if indeed the Reticle Position is Second (assuming that is what they mean as far as FFP or SFP are concerned). And shouldn't it be Reticule???? Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm MOAR Riflescope C458 for sale!

Manufacturer Part No: C458

• Scope Weight: 20.5 oz
  • Scope Length: 11.9"
  • Magnification Range: 2.5-10x
  • Scope Objective Diameter: 42 mm
  • Scope Tube Size / Mount: 30 mm
  • Scope Turret Adjustment: .250 MOA per click - total travel 100MOA
  • Reticle Position: Second
  • Field of View: 2.5x: 44 ft / 10x: 11 ft
  • Eye Relief: 3.5"
  • Illuminated Reticle: yes Digillum
  • Scope Finish: matte black

Whether it is available in a FFP, I do no know. I am quite ignorant on the Nightforce scopes as once I zeroed in on the Vortex PST, I was finished looking for the time being. I couldn't see putting a $1800 scope on a $500 rifle. Now, if it was the FN A5M XP, that would be a different story.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found the scopes I wanted. A set of ADM Recon-S mounts will round off that package.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They actually might give the military discount to vets too... you can always email them and ask. Im active still so it was easy to just put my .mil email on the order form but I could swear there was a way to upload docs to prove you are a vet. Their Military/LE prices are VERY good. If not I would also look into the SHV 4-14 powered scopes. They look pretty nice and start at 950.

Reactions: American Infidel
1 - 20 of 37 Posts