FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ill be driving from Texas to California (LA) and i am planing on taking my fnx tactical. Ill be traveling with the family and want something just in case. Ill be traveling at night. Whats the deal with our guns over there if somebody lives over there and want to chime in will be awesome. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The fnx tactical is considered an assault weapon because of the threaded barrel so unless you have a bullet button I wouldn't bring it into California. Also all magazines are limited to 10 rounds only.
reference calguns.net

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Go somewhere else.

But if you insist on going to the peope's republic, here's what their gov site has to say about your gun:
ca.gov said:
California Penal Code section 25610 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code sections 16850.
Also like someone previously mentioned threaded barrel means it's an evil evil "assault weapon" (and you are a bad bad man for owning one), so this applies as well:
ca.gov said:
California Penal Code section 30945 provides that registered assault weapons may be transported only between specified locations and must be unloaded and stored in a locked container when transported.
In other words, you can have it, in the car, unloaded, locked in the trunk or a gun box and separate from any ammunition.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you are pulled over in CA and the Highway Patrol asks you if you have a gun. If you answer yes you will be taken from the vehicle and handcuffed. Im sure your passengers will be also. This IS standard Operating Procedures. Having said that it comes down to the individual Officer. BUT the new breed of CA cops (Im a former CA Police Officer) tend to believe you dont have a Right to have a Firearm. Back when I was at the Police Academy I was 1 of 2 people in a class of about 50 who had ever even fired a gun. When the firearms instructor asked the class if they believed the public should have firearms only a handful (5 or so) of us raised are hands. That was 27 years ago. I now live in Arizona. I dont go to California if I dont have to. I boycott the State.

Reactions: Kev
1 - 5 of 5 Posts