FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone that wants to sell me a old colt revolver blued. It has the grips that say colt on the top of the grips. I believe they are black. On the barrel it looks like it read colt police positive special
Army
Special 38

I think its a 4" barrel
I need help identifying this gun and a value for me to offer the owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks to be about 95%. Some light scratches, light pitting at front sight blade. Over all finish looks good. cylinder and action is tight. It just needs some of my gun love!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh boy, thats a big range. I was thinking in the 300 to 450 range. They said someone told them it was worth 750.00. I told them that I dont believe the value to be that High. So anything I offer them will be a bubble popper for sure.

·
Premium Member
13,357 Posts
Oh boy, thats a big range. I was thinking in the 300 to 450 range. They said someone told them it was worth 750.00. I told them that I dont believe the value to be that High. So anything I offer them will be a bubble popper for sure.
:idea:750.00 WOULD BE EXC. PRICE. OFFER HIM $350.00 THEY ARE NOT AS DESIRABLE AS THE SINGLE ACTION ARMY OR THE SNAKE FAMILY

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I told them that there was a lot of these made and they are not worth as much as other colt guns. Problem is they listened to some so called gun collecter that gave them the 750 for the colt and 350 for rifle. I am thinking 200 for rifle and 350-400 for the pistol. I think those prices are fair for both parties.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, I told them that there was a lot of these made and they are not worth as much as other colt guns. Problem is they listened to some so called gun collecter that gave them the 750 for the colt and 350 for rifle. I am thinking 200 for rifle and 350-400 for the pistol. I think those prices are fair for both parties.
Just walk away they will feel your trying to slight them after talking to that "collector"

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Sweet wheelgun, indeed. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts