FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally picked up my new FS yesterday. I took the slide off and cleaned out their lubricant and put the slide back on. The problem is that the hammer wont release. I pull the trigger nothing. I pull the slide back and it comes all the way forward, it doesnt stay back like it did before. The hammer is cocked just like instructions say. I have taken this slide on and off about thirty timesThe only other handgun i own is a 357 revolver so im not familiar with semi handguns. I can usually figure stuff out, but this has me puzzled. Needless to say im not a happy camper right now.

:th_anim_43:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Also, the slide will not lock open (stay back) unless either A) there is a magazine in the gun and it is empty or B) you simultaneously pullback the slide and push up on the slide lock while letting the slide go and it locks. The mag does this when it's empty.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy do i feel stupid.Thanks, I put mag in and it works great. Now i am very happy again. WHEEEEW i was cussing up a storm for nothing.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Boy do i feel stupid.Thanks, I put mag in and it works great. Now i am very happy again. WHEEEEW i was cussing up a storm for nothing.
Don't feel bad... it happens to me all the time. It's part of being a " humble " person. The older I get the more I realize that I don't know it all and what a small insignificant individual I really am.
Life has a way of doing that to a person, problem is ... for me.... when I can't remember stuff. I haven't stuck my foot in my mouth lately.... but I assure you it's coming :-o

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't feel stupid. If you do not ask, you will never find out--keep that as a lesson for many things. I can recall, when I was in college, how many students came to me and thanked me for asking a question of some comment made by one of those ivory tower professors--everyone sits there and listens and shake their heads in agreement and have no idea what he is talking about--except me. There are times on these forums, however, where the smart alecs ask a question that they know the answer to but just want to "ring some chimes"--you always know when that is happening. Your tone of helplessness and relief with the easy answer was clear and unmistakeable. Enjoy your new 57 and hope that your only use for it is to target practice and clean.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was planning on going in the desert today. But when the wife came home last night, she gave me a honey do list that's gonna take all freaking day. The reason it sucks SO BAD is cause im working 6 days a week till after Christmas. Well there's next Sunday,arg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts