FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a Remington 700 rifle, a Leupold 62325 40mm VXIII scope, and a Leupold 50161 scope base. How can I tell which scope rings I need? I would like to get them ordered before the rifle gets here. I want to mount it as low as possible. But I don't know if the "low" rings will be too low.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, this getting very frustrating.

I have ordered the Leupold 62325 VXIII 4.5-14x40mm scope from three different websites that were running "closeout" on that item, and then a few hours later they sent me emails saying that item is out of stock. Most sites have it for sale for $609.00, but these sites were 100 bucks cheaper.

And now having "bought" it for $509.00 three times, I can't make myself spend 600.

What scope would you consider getting for a Rem 700 in 260rem 24" bbl? Mainly for target shooting and Deer. I'll probably never shot it past 500 yards.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
ENjoy the rifle - About a year ago, I almost bought one of these. Then I found out the ammo costs of 308 and passed :x

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a lot of 308 ammo that I bought back in 2005 when it was cheap, and I sure thought getting the rifle in 308 because of that. But... ythat ammo was bought to feed to the FAL snd isn't really suited for a bolt rifle.

Anyway, I have been oogling over the 260 rem round for a while now. I know the ammo is expensive but I don't plan on running thousands of rounds thru it.

I found another scope at the the rifle scope store for 490.00 with the Boone and Crocket reticule. We'll see if they do me like the others did. :roll:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hey TA you might try www.samplelist.com It is the site where SWFA sells their demo stock. They have some great prices and the quality is really good. I bought a Nikon Tactial Demo a while back from them and it looked like new and functioned great - got a great deal. You can find some real bargains.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts