FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Gripstop Model K (short variant). The setup is intended for use with keymod, but I've read it can be used with MLOK as well. Has anyone converted this to work with the new KDG MREX? If so how?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Don't know if they included instruction but if not it looks like you might need to order the Mlok hardware to convert it depending on how well the universal kit works.

B5 Systems Grip Stop Hand Stop, Short K Model

The gripstop ships with universal hardware and the Keymod recoil lug (exactly as shown).
Installation:

• For Keymod, you use the center thread-in recoil lug, and either the Universal MOE style hardware (included) or Keymod nuts (sold separately).

• For MLOK, you can use the Universal hardware (included) or MLOK hardware (sold separately) for quick detach ability.

• For those with handguards with slots, holes, or MOE, use the Universal hardware (included). The Gripstop will fit any forearm that has deadspace every 2 3/8" which is the vast majority of firearms on the market. For handguards with threaded inserts every 2 3/8", such as the LWRCI SPR rail, Warsport, Centurion Arms, etc. you can bolt the gripstop on directly.
Note: When using the universal hardware the mounting nut will need to be installed from the backside of the handguard, it will not fit through the mounting slots (keymod, mlok, etc.)

Reactions: SeanQ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it to fit with the magpul hardware included with the MREX. It didn't appear to me as something that would be secure, but after a little bit of adjusting its a perfect fit. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Got it to fit with the magpul hardware included with the MREX. It didn't appear to me as something that would be secure, but after a little bit of adjusting its a perfect fit. Thanks for the reply.
:?

If you get time post a pic of your setup, I prefer to run handstops on most my stuff and the MLOCK MREX is something I've been eying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts