FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Century Arms R1A1. i am looking for the shortest stock possible for this rifle. do i have any options?

thanks for the help and i apologize if i missed a previous thread on this topic. i did a general search, in the search bar provided top right corner of this forum and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have a Century Arms R1A1. i am looking for the shortest stock possible for this rifle. do i have any options?

thanks for the help and i apologize if i missed a previous thread on this topic. i did a general search, in the search bar provided top right corner of this forum and didn't find anything.
Is the lower receiver (trigger housing) metric or inch pattern?

Some pics will help if you don't know.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
its is full inch pattern
Does it have the thumb hole stock installed right now? If so, the original grip stud has probably been removed by Century.

Your options are the original British plastic stock with the "S" (small) butt pad installed or a "S" (short) length British/Australian wood stock with aluminum butt plate.

Keep in mind your US made parts count though...

·
Registered
49 Posts
How will that fit an FAL rifle?

Do you work for that company?
Yeah, I assume he works for that company or is just trying to bump his post count.
Yea,,you nailed it,,I need to bump my post count,,,,your a genius !!!! Sorry,,I made a mistake,,,glad everyone here is Perfect !!! LOL I should of read it better,,,,my bad !!! Even though I was wrong,,at least I was trying to be constructive,,,unlike your goofy two posts !!! Have a great week !!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea,,you nailed it,,I need to bump my post count,,,,your a genius !!!! Sorry,,I made a mistake,,,glad everyone here is Perfect !!! LOL I should of read it better,,,,my bad !!! Even though I was wrong,,at least I was trying to be constructive,,,unlike your goofy two posts !!! Have a great week !!!
"Goofy" is the only insult you could come up with?

The incorrect use of punctuation and poor grammar in your post(s) is quite staggering.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"Goofy" is the only insult you could come up with?

The incorrect use of punctuation and poor grammar in your post(s) is quite staggering.
Ah,your a English teacher & a Post bumper !! Goofy is all you deserve,,cuz that's what your two replys were and nothing more !! I admitied I was wrong because I didn't read it correctly,,this was the FAL area and I was thinking AR ,,I admitted my mistake & in case you weren't aware,,these forums are for fun an information !Its obvious your a chest thumper and a child,and the "erorrnet" brings it out in people like you,,,so go back to your Xbox and have a great day !!! Type away,,,I will NOT be back to this area of this GREAT FN Fourm !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does it have the thumb hole stock installed right now? If so, the original grip stud has probably been removed by Century.

Your options are the original British plastic stock with the "S" (small) butt pad installed or a "S" (short) length British/Australian wood stock with aluminum butt plate.

Keep in mind your US made parts count though...

thanks for the help. i'll look into it. i don't want to use wood furniture. hopefully the synthetic will work.
if i change the stock will that affect compliance? if it does than i think i'll leave it alone. btw, i already put a DSA rail system on it. did that affect compliance too?
sorry if these are amateur questions. staying legal is paramount.
i am going to try and get some pics posted. this is how the stock currently is and how it was when i purchased it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lemme git my popcorn ready...

:-o:-o:-o:-o

This one isn't gonna last long.

-SS

i've seen some of your posts. do you have any suggestions?

also... i read that you were a moderator for this sight. how do i get the "un-important" arguments out of this thread. i would like to keep this thread clean.

·
Registered
82 Posts
thanks for the help. i'll look into it. i don't want to use wood furniture. hopefully the synthetic will work.
if i change the stock will that affect compliance? if it does than i think i'll leave it alone. btw, i already put a DSA rail system on it. did that affect compliance too?
sorry if these are amateur questions. staying legal is paramount.
i am going to try and get some pics posted. this is how the stock currently is and how it was when i purchased it.
The DSA rail system is US made so you're good there.

Your lower receiver appears to be Australian made and has a US made grip and stock installed. They look like Century made parts due to the shape and texture. Century built rifles typically have the one piece thumb hole stock installed. They usually removed the original grip stud on the lower so it would fit.

If you replace the butt stock with a British one, you can install a US made floor plate or follower on the magazine to make up for it.

Is there anything stamped on the right side of the lower receiver?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts