FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning everyone,. I came across this FN HI Power with German Nazi markings. I don't see any import marks but I am also new to HI Powers in general and don't know much about them or where the import markings would be. They are asking for $2200 OTD and would love to own this piece of history but not sure if its a good buy, so that's why im here. It comes with 2 magazines and its original holster (1943). Can anyone tell me if this will be a good purchase and any additional info about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Kinda pricey. If you are really in to Nazi collectables I'd offer $2000. Just make sure serials, proofs, etc match. And Nazi stuff is cursed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ART,
Thanks for sharing the pics. As a collectable investment, I would think its overpriced. As an example piece that you could shoot if you wanted to, it's overpriced. Tangents are cool believe me I think so too. But there are 90% finish non tangent BHP Nazi marked for sale that are $1100 - 1400 and a very nice bright one , 95% with mirror bore etc advertised for $2200 with holster mags etc. The photo's , as I see them, show a lot of freckling and corrosion spots. The remaining finish can only be stabilized, not much you can do to improve it. Refinishing will hurt the collector value for that $$ type handgun. Not sure the tangent adds that much value for investment with the finish condition what it appears. Nice condition tangent Belgium and Inglis HP's can be had for much less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts