FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got this for my FS

I had a glock on it that functioned the same. Thing is...this one is aircraft aluminum feels great, functions great, and is less than half the price of the glock and the streamlight/insight. uses same batteries and bulb as the streamlight.
It's a UTG LT-TLP28. Hope this helps someone!

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:? FDI Ultimate Arms, (866) 570-7772

Paid $69.95

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Someone on another forum just gave a terrible review of this unit - he claims it kept shooting off his gun. It was replaced with a new one by the factory, and did the same thing too.

Not sure I'd buy one.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I had that UTG light on one of my range guns.
I had just the UTG light, not the new UTG laser/light combo.
Its a great light for the $ but IIRC the new laser/light version, the laser won't hold zero on a 5.56 and 7.62 over time.
If you just want a cheap light for a range gun, this will work but I wouldn't trust it as a night stand light.
For a good cheap light I would get an M3 clone(ledwave Z-5, etc...), about $40-$50. They can be upgraded with a 60lumes LED and water resistant O-Rings for about $15.

But for the value/money I would get a Inight SSL-1 ($120) for a light and a Streamlight TLR-2 ($215).

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"I had that UTG light on one of my range guns.
I had just the UTG light, not the new UTG laser/light combo.
Its a great light for the $ but IIRC the new laser/light version, the laser won't hold zero on a 5.56 and 7.62 over time.
If you just want a cheap light for a range gun, this will work but I wouldn't trust it as a night stand light.
For a good cheap light I would get an M3 clone(ledwave Z-5, etc...), about $40-$50. They can be upgraded with a 60lumes LED and water resistant O-Rings for about $15.

But for the value/money I would get a Inight SSL-1 ($120) for a light and a Streamlight TLR-2 ($215)"

I just noticed, after reading this and looking at my thread.....I have a Glock light/laser on my FS2000.....the UTG light /laser is on my machine pistol. Sorry about that!
But on the plus side the weapon has had 60 rounds thru it today, 30 of which were 3 round burst and the critter works just fine! So I've got no problems with my unit. The only downside that I can see is that it clamps on the rail, so.....to change batteries one must unclamp it, rather than push a button and slide it off like all the rest. As far as holding zero...it does, but I don't really care on this weapon...if the laser was ever used it would be in the 3-7 yard range from the hip, so it would be a pointing issue not an aiming issue anyway!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts