FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi boys n girls. I putting together my next scar, this one will be a 17 configured for more of a longer range application. Basics will be a 17 with one of Power-Technik Billet Stock adapter and a Magpul PRS. on top will be a NXS 2.5-10×42 COMPACT with a AD-RECON mount, under a Atlas bipod.

The center line of the mount is "1.470 , what is the Rail height on a 17 ? Ive been googling around and cant find anything firm.

My two variables are largely based on optimal repeatability of POI are the Magpul and whether the rifle should be Black or FDE:singlebullet:

Reactions: Spilz

·
Registered
419 Posts
I recommend FDE for a few reasons:

-Black guns get hot in the sun. Really hot. I've gotten burns from this, actually.
-FDE blends in with most environments much better than black. This is handy if you want to hunt with it.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
It's a well known fact here on FNF that the answer to the black or FDE argument is to get one of each. :biggrin: as far as the sight height question I am not with my rifle so I will let someon else come along and answer that. Good luck with your build.

Reactions: wbeatty

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gotta say , its pretty humorous the bore centerline/ rail height is not just out there, If I were going to cowitness, I can find the sight height. With the amount of luvin given to the 17's long distance prowess, does no one use a ballistic calc? odd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts