FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of waiting, I'm finally a new proud owner of a 17s! :shock::shock: Just need to get out the range now and add all the goodies on her.

Here's what I'm planning. If anyone has suggestions or recommendations, I'd love to hear.

1. Optic - Acog TA11 or an Elcan
2. Sling - ?
3. Vertical Grip - Tango down stubby
4. Charging Handle - E.A.C.H
5. Muzzle Brake - ?
6. Anything else you would recommend?

Here's a little eye candy for everyone. Opening the box was greater than all previous Christmases combined.
IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0763.JPG IMG_0764.JPG IMG_0767.JPG IMG_0775.JPG

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Congrats on the 17! I would recommend switching out the trigger eventually. And if you want looks, go for the VLTOR stock.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm just excited to go shoot..... and to watch people get up and move away from me at the range.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
artworks-000050728865-1j4p2h-crop.jpg
Vickers sling is great. I have the brakeout 2.0 brake on mine and love it. The AAC blackout is also nice if you want a flash hider.
The TA11 is a great acog model for the scar 17 . That or a nice scope is in order for the rifle

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Right on!

Congrats on the 17!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats on the 17...

As far as suggestions:
Sling - Blue Force Gear VCAS
Trigger - Geissele SuperSCAR is the only one I've had any experience with but there are a couple of other triggers out there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the 17...

As far as suggestions:
Sling - Blue Force Gear VCAS
Trigger - Geissele SuperSCAR is the only one I've had any experience with but there are a couple of other triggers out there.
What the trigger pull of the geissele compared to the OEM?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats...Like it paired with the handgun. Geisselle trigger is a very nice. I just got mine a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately haven't made it to the range yet but that hasn't stopped from me buying goodies for it. lol

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
If your lookin for a ta11 I got my scar from a guy who yas the fde ones green or red horseshoe with the rmr for 1199 if your interested. I think thats a good price for them.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
In the best color no less!! Now, with FDE SCAR 17, you will be able to make 600 yard shots right out the box!!! Black only get you 300 out of the box..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your lookin for a ta11 I got my scar from a guy who yas the fde ones green or red horseshoe with the rmr for 1199 if your interested. I think thats a good price for them.
That's the route I'm thinking of taking. Then I'll be able to place the rmr on the fnx if needed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts