FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i just picked up a new 509 tactical and upon inspection of the contents, realized i did not get the silver recoil spring assembly. Is this the norm now for the 509 tactical? i hope not as it even states on the piece of paper they used to include with the extra rsa that the silver spring was the default one. thanks all!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey everyone, i just picked up a new 509 tactical and upon inspection of the contents, realized i did not get the silver recoil spring assembly. Is this the norm now for the 509 tactical? i hope not as it even states on the piece of paper they used to include with the extra rsa that the silver spring was the default one. thanks all!
Congrats on your new toy.
It should come with the silver recoil spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s what I suspected. i had heard they were no longer sending both RSAs but that may have just been on the compact. Do i reach out to the vendor i ordered from or FN?
I'd contact FN directly and ask them. My 509T came with both yellow and silver recoil spring assemblies.

Vendor/dealer probably won't be of much help and will direct you to FN as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes OP contact FN tomorrow and ask. Here's their customer support number..

If your firearm should require service or repairs, you may send your firearm directly to our own Service Department using this link. For technical questions regarding your firearm or service, please call our Customer Support at 800-635-1321.
FN Service Center
Phone: 1-800-635-1321

And Midwest Gun Works are good people and fast to ship out parts if it's in their inventory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: I spoke with FN customer service this morning, they advised that the firearms no longer come with both springs. They stated their engineers did significant testing and determined the yellow spring was sufficient for all configurations. I am kind of disappointed as i would have liked both springs and the ability to make that determination myself. I’m also now wondering if MGW will ever restock the silver spring as the may no longer be produced.

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the update. For what it's worth I've never needed the silver spring across three 509T's...suppressed or unsuppressed.

Congrats on the 509T.

Reactions: Ely010606

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting, thanks for the update. For what it's worth I've never needed the silver spring across three 509T's...suppressed or unsuppressed.

Congrats on the 509T
That’s good to hear! thank you for your input sir. I guess for me it’s a little disheartening to see the value of the total package diminish. As we all know this package at one time included 3 mags (2 24 rd 1 17 rd) and the extra recoil spring. We are now down to 2 mags(1 24 rd 1 17 rd) and no spring and i’m not sure the price reflects that at the moment. ah well, it is what it is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m so glad that you asked the question on the silver recoil spring… I had purchased a 509 tactical a couple of years ago, and it came with the 3rd 24 round magazine, and silver recoil spring. When I purchased my second 509 Tactical less than a week ago I noticed like you that it didn’t come with the 3rd mag. or the recoil spring… I questioned the shop clerk that I do business with, and asked if they had opened up the box and possibly misplaced the two items… He informed me that know one had oped it.. I was just about to give FN a call on Monday since they’re closed for Thanksgiving holidays, but thought I would check the forum to see if anyone else had the same issue… I’m actually disappointed that FN would remove these two items, and still charge the same price for the pistol… I hope that FN doesn’t start doing what they do with the SCAR rifles which is getting a box, 1 mag, and a manual.. I own several FN products, but I guess there motto is LESS IS MORE MONEY !!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’m so glad that you asked the question on the silver recoil spring… I had purchased a 509 tactical a couple of years ago, and it came with the 3rd 24 round magazine, and silver recoil spring. When I purchased my second 509 Tactical less than a week ago I noticed like you that it didn’t come with the 3rd mag. or the recoil spring… I questioned the shop clerk that I do business with, and asked if they had opened up the box and possibly misplaced the two items… He informed me that know one had oped it.. I was just about to give FN a call on Monday since they’re closed for Thanksgiving holidays, but thought I would check the forum to see if anyone else had the same issue… I’m actually disappointed that FN would remove these two items, and still charge the same price for the pistol… I hope that FN doesn’t start doing what they do with the SCAR rifles which is getting a box, 1 mag, and a manual.. I own several FN products, but I guess there motto is LESS IS MORE MONEY !!!!!!
Yes the keep changing it, my first 509T had 3 mag and the silver RSA, my second 509T only came with two mags and with the silver RSA,
Thats a bummer now that it’s only with two mags and no extra RSA for the same price.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yes the keep changing it, my first 509T had 3 mag and the silver RSA, my second 509T only came with two mags and with the silver RSA,
Thats a bummer now that it’s only with two mags and no extra RSA for the same price.
Next up: a card in the case that says the manual is online :D

Reactions: Ely010606

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Coming 3rd Quarter 2022: 509 Frame in a brown paper bag. Has "509 Starter Kit" written on the bag in Crayon. Retail price-$899.99

1 - 20 of 21 Posts