FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FNS-9 is on it's way. I filled out the paperwork for CC today (30 day wait). I expect the gun to arrive in the next 7-10 days. 3 17 round mags, night sights and no manual safety. To that end a couple of questions:

1) For my CC (I'm right handed, 6'3") I'm thinking strong side outside on the belt line. Holster suggestions?

2) Break in suggestions for the gun (I'm seen some comments about getting the spring to loosen up for 115gr usage). Any specifics are appreciated.

3) Any general observations, comments or suggestions about the gun, handling, ammo, etc.?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
OWB holster, if looking for kydex, Kydex Tech would be a good place to look. Leather, I think Galco has some options, possibly Safariland as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I saw somewhere online to pull the slide and leave it sit for a few days to a week or to dry fire a hundred times or so and that pulling the slide helped.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Leaving the slide locked back won't do much. Racking the slide will help wear the surfaces together (smooth it out) and break in the spring somewhat, but nothing can replace shooting it (unless you can rack the slide with the same force and speed as shooting it does).

Personally, I would go out and shoot it with whatever brass cased ammo you can get (115 gr even) and see if it runs it. If it doesn't, you were already kind of expecting it. If it does, great, and keep shooting.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
82 Posts
I EDC a fns9 and use a safari land ALS paddle holster. Extremely high quality and customer service was awesome. When it was new I ran 1,000 rounds of Remington 115 FMJ zero malfunctions. I'm now half way through some automatic accuracy 124gr FMJ. No issues as we'll. just now starting to get broke in!

·
Registered
519 Posts
As you watch TV, sit and rack the slide repeatedly until your hand falls off.
Nothing will smooth out your trigger than firing and dry firing, but this helps:

http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fns/31827-how-smoothing-out-fns-trigger-when-new.html

I used a few dabs of Blue Magic Metal Polish and it definitely helped.

Holsters. There's a ton of great holsters out there.

Holsters | Blade Tech Gun Holsters | Knives and Tactical Gear

Standard OWB Holster

KT Holsters - FNH FNX / FNS 9 / 40

If you ever plan on carrying CC, then it's hard to beat these two:

Aliengear Holster

"Quick-Assemble-Kit" - Inside the Waistband - Hip - Gun Holster Kit - Old Faithful Holsters

Less expensive then others, but with adjustable tension for retention.

Look around and find what you need.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For a holster, I actually have a Blackhawk! Serpa II for a Glock 17 that I picked up on an extreme sale (more than cheap enough to gamble on since some modification is required.) You just need to dremel out 2-3 mm of plastic at the end to accommodate the rail for the FNS that the Glock doesn't have; after that, it fits like a glove and draws smooth as butter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts