FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, :)

I just got here.
I have decided that the Browning designs are where I want to expand my collection interest. I have one Springfield M1911-A1 that has been my go-to gun for defense. I am now looking at three or four possibilities in the Hi-Power ballpark. There is one pricey older FN HP that would be a fine collector's piece as well as a couple of more affordable modern versions. Then there is the CZ-75 that was shown to me as an up-to-date descendant of the Browning Hi-Power in SA/DA that I can get in .40 S&W if I wish.
I won't be buying anything more until after the holidays as I am still recovering from a series of Walthers, Mausers, and Lugers that I have bought. But with guns like the BDA380 out there and so much more I expect 2008 to be a Browning year. 8)

Russell

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Welcome :?

Is the BDA 380 still in production? I used to see a lot at gun shows - but not in the past year or so. I'm thinking that it may have been discontinued.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this is going even further off topic but the BDA380 I have been looking at is made by Beretta (not the Beretta 84). It looks fairly new. Has Beretta taken over BDA380 production perhaps?

Back on topic. Are double-action Hi-Powers available in fairly high numbers and reasoable prices?

Russell

·
Registered
44 Posts
Then there is the CZ-75 that was shown to me as an up-to-date descendant of the Browning Hi-Power in SA/DA that I can get in .40 S&W if I wish.
Although the Hi-Power and the CZ 75 appear similar (mainly in the front of the slide), the CZ 75 is not an updated design nor was it based on the Hi-Power. And with the CZ 75B in .40, that visual similarity is lessened.

--
Mike

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Parabellus said:
I know this is going even further off topic but the BDA380 I have been looking at is made by Beretta (not the Beretta 84). It looks fairly new. Has Beretta taken over BDA380 production perhaps?

Back on topic. Are double-action Hi-Powers available in fairly high numbers and reasoable prices?

Russell
Beretta made all of the BDAs for Browning - it's just a closed slide version of the Cheetah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts