FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

I had a bad day at the range. Somehow, I got a squib and managed to shoot through it leaving the jacket fused in the barrel. The barrel appears to also be either slightly bulged or bent, but it is hard to tell without taking the shroud off. I was using a mix of SS195 and SS197.

I was geting a bunch of feeding issues where the bullet gets jammed back into the case. I've got about a dozzen rounds like that. Possibly, I missed one of these and fired it. Who knows... Anyway, I'm now in need of another barrel. Does anyone have an original 16" barrel (i.e. SBR cast off) that I could buy???

I wonder if FN would replace the barrel under waranty??

Sadly yours,

Kristen

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Were you using factory ammo or reloads?

If factory, then FN would definetly have to take care of you since it is their ammo If not, I'd still check with them first. Maybe they can fix ya up.

Sorry about that. Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back to FN

I called FN today. They were very pleasant over the phone and sent a return shipping UPS label. With any luck, I'll get it back in about a month. Luckily, we've got a spare PS90 so I shouldn't miss #1 all that much. :D

The problem mainly occured with the SS195 factory rounds. I'll take a picture of the cartriges with the pushed in bullets and try to post it...

Take care,

-Kristen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts