FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gow a new best friend lately.

Simple Design, really reliable, damn nice accuracy, and silent if needed.

In the near future, there will be some slight modifications, including a Rail on top, and one under the barrel. I am still looking for some good Tritium Night Sights, but I think I will habe to just add the Tritium Cells to the existing Sights. I am really tempted to use blue Tritium Cells, as they look too damn cool.

The big advantage of the Ruger MK II, compared to my SIG Mosquito, is the internal Bolt, which really makes it more quiet when used with a Silencer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, has been a hard time. I usually checked the forum now and then, but I was always too tired to post something.

I really hope, all that training is worth it. I would be kind of dissappointed, if I can't use all that knowledge at the European Soccer Championship 2008. Ok, others would say, it's better if nothing happens, but they also don't have to train for every stupid possibility.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Wow, that's sweet. Welcome back, we missed you.

TA

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The quiet style will get some overhaul, as soon as the Rails are applied to the gun. This is not the most silent setup I can get, but the Parker Hale Silencer has exactly the same outer diameter as the barrel, and that way, it doesn't interfere with the sights.

To get a really satisfying setup, I need to use a silencer with more volume, and therefor larger outer diameter. But at the moment, blocking the sights isn't what I want ;-)

I am thinking about modifying the charging handle. Maybe something AR alike, where it locks in place. That way, I could get it even more silent, but with the sacrifice of the semiauto functionality. I really need to think of a locking mechanism, that is disengaged as soon as I charge the weapon again, and that can easily be disabled, if I want semiauto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts