FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't help myself a few months back whilst perusing my favorite department at our local Gander Mountain when I saw this....

View attachment 28026

After seeing that I said to myself "self, that's just precious, I has to has that" on my journey homeward I warmed-up my GoogleFu in preparation for my ensuing quest.

View attachment 28027

My GoogleFu was strong on that cool South Florida Spring evening and my quest reaped bargain based rewards galore. I found this and so much more, not only the pistol but extra OEM mags, MagLuLa Loader, OEM Fiber Optic Front Sight, OEM Rug, OEM Holster etc. This little plinker should turn out a great acquisition, I'll enjoy shooting it even more the Li'l Lady should too. Fortunately in the past month or so quality 22lr ammo has been appearing again locally and at reasonable prices and I've done well in stocking-up.

Due to familial medical obligations I have been unable to devote much time or energy to my firearms or the forum that however is changing in the positive. Which brings me to this, I have discovered via more GoogleFu that Buck Mark's are superb with optics atop yet I have no idea how to proceed let alone when to stop.

I know of no other place to ask for suggestions that are worthy of consideration. Without further adieu and if you don't mind, what suggestions have any of you for an optic?

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I thought the same when I first saw it. I'm think about a Browning T-Bolt to go with it. The UFX is a neat little pistol, I'll find out how it shoots this weekend.

Nice... you will have lots of fun and get extra trigger time !

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Awesome seamac! I bet it's a fun shooter! I'm no help on the optic but wanted to stop in and say congrats to you on your new acquisition:)

BBG-

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BBG- You can stop in anytime you'd like with or without a contribution other than a hello, it's just how it goes so that you know...

I agree, I think it'll be a fun shooter and cheap too. Browning made a stainless/composite T-Bolt rifle which would make a great companion, I've been searching for one.

Awesome seamac! I bet it's a fun shooter! I'm no help on the optic but wanted to stop in and say congrats to you on your new acquisition:)

BBG-

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/browning-bolt-rifles-sale-online-from-browning-firearms-guns-sale-c-9935_13987_37_13964.html

Not sure what a fair price is but....

BBG- You can stop in anytime you'd like with or without a contribution other than a hello, it's just how it goes so that you know...

I agree, I think it'll be a fun shooter and cheap too. Browning made a stainless/composite T-Bolt rifle which would make a great companion, I've been searching for one.

BBG-

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Do you need to put a rail on it for an optic or can you just screw an MRDS onto it?

If it were me, I'd toss my burris fast fire on it. Might want to check out Primary Arms Micro Dot or Bushnell TRS-25

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the effort BBG,

Those prices are inline with reason, trouble is they're not stainless barrels. Browning's website shows the stainless barrel T-Bolt's to be discontinued BUT were in the 2013 catalog. I'm thinking with some strong GoogleFu I should be able to locate one that's NIB. For my 22's I'd prefer all stainless simply because I wouldn't [make that shouldn't] have paid a great deal and they'll be subject to less TLC than my high-dollar platforms.

This is a T-Bolt Target/Varmint Stainless, a nice .22 rifle...

View attachment 28034

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey Dan,

From what I've gathered I will need to purchase and install a Browning Weaver rail which isn't an issue since they're supposed to be readily available unless someone here knows otherwise or could point me in the right or an alternative direction.

Here's the Browning Buck Mark Weaver Scope Base, supposedly compatible with the UFX.

View attachment 28035

Do you need to put a rail on it for an optic or can you just screw an MRDS onto it?

If it were me, I'd toss my burris fast fire on it. Might want to check out Primary Arms Micro Dot or Bushnell TRS-25

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I'd suggest a telescopic sight to take advantage of that highly accurate handgun. Some sort of 2x or 4x pistol scope. Why put a red dot with a coarse reticule on a gun capable of some sweet mechanical accuracy?

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks falman,

I'm game for looking into a low power pistol scope. Do you have any manufacturer to suggest? I did just find a superior rail to the Browning option which does not have an integral sight whereas this one does...

Tactical Solutions Trail-Lite Integral Scope Base
View attachment 28040

I'd suggest a telescopic sight to take advantage of that highly accurate handgun. Some sort of 2x or 4x pistol scope. Why put a red for either a coarse reticule on a gun capable of some sweet mechanical accuracy?

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks LESTER!

The irony here, I swore wasn't going to become a "collector" yet here I am collecting firearms. The whole concept and this forum are addicting, I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking of firearms to purchase THEN how to customize them to my liking. With the near future acquisition of an FNS-9, LWRC IC and Browning T-Bolt I fear I might not stop there. Oh swell, if it feels right why fight it I'll just succumb to collectordom... :p

:smile:DAMN! NICE! LOOKING BROWNING BUCKMARK CONGRATS! SEAMAC :?

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Just put a FastFire on my 22/45. It makes it WAY nice. I have a RMR with a delta recticle that i may put on there also. The delta makes precision shooting seem much easier, i don't know why there aren't more of them out there. Have heard bad things about the leupold deltapoint else i'd suggest that. Also, i really wanted a H-1 to put on it, but just couldn't justify spending 150% more for the optic than the gun......

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just put a FastFire on my 22/45. It makes it WAY nice. I have a RMR with a delta recticle that i may put on there also. The delta makes precision shooting seem much easier, i don't know why there aren't more of them out there. Have heard bad things about the leupold deltapoint else i'd suggest that. Also, i really wanted a H-1 to put on it, but just couldn't justify spending 150% more for the optic than the gun......

I was rootin' 'round the interwebs last night and found Browning to be making a reflex sight specifically for the Buck Mark....only $88. It ain't pretty but it's cheap. :mrgreen:

Browning Buck Mark Reflex Sight...
View attachment 28043

Alternate Reticles...
View attachment 28044

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Thanks falman,

I'm game for looking into a low power pistol scope. Do you have any manufacturer to suggest? I did just find a superior rail to the Browning option which does not have an integral sight whereas this one does...

Tactical Solutions Trail-Lite Integral Scope Base
View attachment 28040

While the Buckmark is a highly accurate gun, it's also a fairly cheap gun. No point in putting a super expensive scope on it. Something like the below 2X from Leupold wouldn't be bad. The model in the link below has a silver finish to match the gun (though the picture doesn't show the silver finish).

Leupold 2x20 FX-II Handgun Scope

Or go with the Nikon 2X for about $200. Frankly, I think that Nikon makes good scopes for the price even though I generally prefer Leupold. And once again, while the Buckmark is a highly accurate piece...it's still a cheap gun. No point in mounting a $600+ optics on it.

I wouldn't bother with the Browning red dot. It looks like one of those el cheapo Chinese junks but with the Browning logo on it.

Nikon 2x20 Force XR EER Handgun Scope

·
Registered
121 Posts
Obviously optics are going to depend upon what you're going to do with the gun. I've been seriously considering a C-More Slideride on this mount: http://www.taccom3g.com/BROWNING_MOUNT.html to go on my Buckmark Practical URX for steel challenge shooting, but then I'm after fast sight acquisition and target transition speed rather than bullseye precision.

What kind of shooting are you looking to do with your Buckmark?

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with not spending too much for an optic.

While the Buckmark is a highly accurate gun, it's also a fairly cheap gun. No point in putting a super expensive scope on it.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I intend to use it as a general plinker. There's a range nearby that has Old West style shooting with different bays and steel targets, I think it would be a blast to shoot the gallery. So, mostly plinking, old west steel galleries, teaching the Li'l Lady to shoot as well as various and sundry firearms fun.

What kind of shooting are you looking to do with your Buckmark?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I intend to use it as a general plinker. There's a range nearby that has Old West style shooting with different bays and steel targets, I think it would be a blast to shoot the gallery. So, mostly plinking, old west steel galleries, teaching the Li'l Lady to shoot as well as various and sundry firearms fun.
Go with a red dot then. Docter II optics is cheap and good because the III is out already. I am hesitant to recommend cheap Chinese optics for the Buckmark. It may a cheap gun but it's still a fine piece of shooting iron.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts