FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have found my conquest! I must have one!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They report it is longer / heavier than the 1x/4x DR.

They say is weights 30.4oz. I need to gather specs on the 1x/4x and 1x/6x to compare the weight.

Obviously this TR has the added bonus of 1x,4x,8x so more flexible.

I wonder what other pros/cons there are between the DR and the TR line.

·
Registered
961 Posts
SpecterTR™ 1-3-9x 3FOV Weapon Sight
The SpecterTR™ 1-3-9x Tri-FOV Military Combat Weapon Sight is the world’s first three field-of-view optical weapon sight; available in both 5.56 and 7.62 configurations. The unique three field-of-view design maximizes combat effectiveness by providing precision close quarter, mid-range, and long range engagement capability. The SpecterTR™ rifle sight’s durability, versatility, and extra-long eye relief provides the user with an unmatched advantage on the battle field.
The 1x field-of-view provides a 16° viewing angle and an extremely fast, “both eyes open” target acquisition capability maximized by a red aiming dot and at least 70mm eye relief. The second field-of-view provides a 3x-magnified sight with a field–of-view of 6°, range compensating reticle, and precision mid-range marksmanship capability. In 9x, a crystal clear 2° viewing angle provides unmatched long-range target detection, identification, and engagement capability – all in a compact, lightweight 1264 mm, 829 g (scope and mount) telescopic package. The magnification of the SpecterTR™ Tri-FOV weapon sight by ELCAN switches easily and quickly using a 3-position dial mounted on the side of the

Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies: Specter™ brand Dual Role Combat Sights

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DR 1x/4x - Weight 1.41lbs / Length 6" / 1x FOV 24 Degrees / 4x FOV 6 Degrees
DR 1.5x/6x - Weight 1.54lbs / Length 7.25" / 1.5x FOV 16 Degrees / 6x FOV 4 Degrees

TR 1/3/9 - Weight 1.9lbs / Length ?? / 1x FOV 16 Degrees / 3x 6 Degrees / 9x 2 Degrees

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do still like the form factor / weight and field of view provided in the DR 1x/4x package.

The flexibility to reach out to 9x is very nice.

Guess you have to pick your poison.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
The DR has a great FOV and is compact, if I where going to drop $3K on a long heavy variable zoom I would just get a S&B 1-8x24

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The DR has a great FOV and is compact, if I where going to drop $3K on a long heavy variable zoom I would just get a S&B 1-8x24
Hey i don't disagree on the sentiment, but the FOV of this at 1x is the same as the FOV of the 1.5x/6x. 16 degrees.

Only the 1x/4x DR has the 24 Degree FOV.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Ouch.... I thought I could buy a black 17 & put 1 of these on until I seen the price. That is heavy.$$$$.

·
Registered
672 Posts
SpecterTR™ 1-3-9x 3FOV Weapon Sight
The SpecterTR™ 1-3-9x Tri-FOV Military Combat Weapon Sight is the world’s first three field-of-view optical weapon sight; available in both 5.56 and 7.62 configurations. The unique three field-of-view design maximizes combat effectiveness by providing precision close quarter, mid-range, and long range engagement capability. The SpecterTR™ rifle sight’s durability, versatility, and extra-long eye relief provides the user with an unmatched advantage on the battle field.
The 1x field-of-view provides a 16° viewing angle and an extremely fast, “both eyes open” target acquisition capability maximized by a red aiming dot and at least 70mm eye relief. The second field-of-view provides a 3x-magnified sight with a field–of-view of 6°, range compensating reticle, and precision mid-range marksmanship capability. In 9x, a crystal clear 2° viewing angle provides unmatched long-range target detection, identification, and engagement capability – all in a compact, lightweight 1264 mm, 829 g (scope and mount) telescopic package. The magnification of the SpecterTR™ Tri-FOV weapon sight by ELCAN switches easily and quickly using a 3-position dial mounted on the side of the

Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies: Specter™ brand Dual Role Combat Sights
When is the release date and what is the MSRP?

·
Registered
961 Posts
When is the release date and what is the MSRP?
MSRP is over 3K, and I have feelers out on availability now. I didn't even know this existed until today. I WANT ONE! This is precisely what I was looking for. I am sure the S&B is awesome, but I seriously doubt it is as rugged. I don't want to deal with a cat tail. Leica makes some of the most sought after optics in the world, and this is coming from a company how has an ex Spec Ops as an executive...done and done.

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee
1 - 20 of 53 Posts