FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a factory sealed box, came with two of the older 20 round mags and one of the newer style.

You would think that by now they would be only shipping newer style mags (this came from a Gunshop that moves a lot of 5.7's, Black Market Arms)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's messed up. I'm actually shocked it shipped like that from the factory. Grats on finally getting your 5.7 though.
Thanks, it's been a long haul trying to find one at a reasonable price, funny thing is the one that arrived is labeled as an L.E. Pistol.

what is the difference in the 2 mags?
The newer style has an internal rib that runs down the middle of the front wall (kind of like on a Magpul AR-15 P Mag) FN started shipping newer style mags in Mid 2012

·
Registered
787 Posts
just got a new FDE MK II off gunbroker 1100 + 30 on shipping.
cant wait to try this little guy out!
and prices are all over on them! i watched some go for 1200 plus

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting. I guess I should check to see if I have older or newer mag. Packaging a newer gun with older styled mags is BS in my opinion. If you are paying $1K+ for a gun, the accessories should be of the current generation IMO....maybe I'm the only person who thinks this

Congrats on the new 57....enjoy it!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Def going to be checking to make sure mine does not come with the old mags as well

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the older style mags, they work in all the FsN models.

·
Registered
316 Posts
just got a new FDE MK II off gunbroker 1100 + 30 on shipping.
cant wait to try this little guy out!
and prices are all over on them! i watched some go for 1200 plus
Went to the gun store yesterday. The guy had a new "Special" FiveSeven (but did not say or I did not hear why it's special) with 2 boxes of SS-197 for a walk out the door cost of $1,385.00 (this includes 10% sales tax). I must admit I was very tempted (but SWMBO said before I could buy it I would have to sell my Hi-Power (which Is a non-starter).

·
Registered
787 Posts
for any mil/le ombguns has them for 1042 unfortunately i won the damn auction. the only time i ever wanted to get out bid haha

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have seen it twice where there is older style mags mixed with newer style mags for brand new MKII.

It is kinda odd though, and I must admit that I was a little disappointed. I suppose that FN is just clearing out older stock.

As previously stated, the older mags work just fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In a factory sealed box, came with two of the older 20 round mags and one of the newer style.

You would think that by now they would be only shipping newer style mags (this came from a Gunshop that moves a lot of 5.7's, Black Market Arms)

I got the same thing and called FNH and they said it is not a problem that they work just fine. He said "it depends on the bin they grab the mags from"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts