FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in the wake of the current efforts by the antigunner's, I was pushed over the edge and purchased a USG. I have not shot it yet but have shot a friends in the past. Next on my list is a black PS90 to add to my SBR collection.

There is only one complaint I have in the Five Seven. The sharp checkering on the grips is very uncomfortable for me. It mostly the checkering on the sides to the rear of the grip that bother me. Has anyone heard of any remidies for this. Block and Sandpaper?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Trust me - U don't wanna damage the gun.

About 1.5 years ago, I had a Springfield TRP 1911 - Anyone who knows that gun knows that the checkering is like a cheese grater. The Five-Seven checkering is nothing compared to this gun.

Anywa, admittedly, it hurt on my first range trip. But, for the week after that,, I played with the gun and dry fired it a lot all week long. On my second trip, the checkering wasn't as back. On the 3rd trip, I didn't mind it anymore and kind of liked it - it kept the gun from moving.

The rear checkering on the fullsize USP was the same way.

Give it time. U will be fine. Now, if U go a while between range sessions and do not hold it much, it will take longer for your hand to build up a tolerance to the sharpness.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Get a rubber grip cover for it if it bothers you too much but don't perminetly damage the gun with sand paper. If you really don't like the grip or a grip cover, try to find an IOM. The grip is much nicer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After my first trip to the range I picked up some CQC gloves. I feel like I've got a better grip, very solid.
I cut the trigger finger out, because the seam was rubbing on the trigger guard. I shoot 100rds with the gloves 100rds without.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts